View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile
Question Anyone notice battery drain with BBM 5.0?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm running OS 4.6.1.250 on my 8900, and for the most part it has been good. Battery drain is a bit faster than I would like, and I expect that to improve in later releases. But what I've experienced in the last day is far worse than I would have expected...

I installed the new BB Messenger (version for 4.6.1 OS) yesterday, and it seems to be excellent. Works really well, feature set is great.

Today, however, I had to go out shopping at a couple of stores -- this turned into a total of four hours of shopping. While I was out, I used Maratick as my shopping list manager. I had NO OTHER apps running that don't normally run all the time on the 8900. So - the ONLY things different about my 8900 today were that I was using Maratick for 4 hours straight (I kept it open, and consulted it whenever I pulled my 8900 out of its holster, checking my list, marking items complete, etc).

No other apps were running except the standard ones you can't turn off, e.g., phone, browser, etc.

My battery was at about 75% when I went out to start shopping. By the end of 4 hours, it was down to 25%. Under "normal" use, my 8900 is typically still at 65% when I go to bed and plug it into the charger cable.

So -- is the battery usage a byproduct of leaving Maratick open all that time??? I kinda doubt it, but I imagine it's possible...

Is the battery drain a byproduct of having the new BB Messenger installed? No way of knowing...unless others chime in here with similar experiences.
Offline   Reply With Quote