View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #8
PlatMan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 3G S
PIN: ɹʇɐ~`ʇɐɹ
Carrier: AT&T

Wirelessly posted (» Doin' It RIM BlackBerry Style «)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scassel View Post
Funny, since the Storm 2 has already hit the rumor mills (to include pictures). I went from an 8830 to the Storm on Black Friday and I thoroughly enjoy the device. It is not without it's hiccups but it is a new device. If you own a storm, you need to understand this. No way around it. Bottom line, to each his own. I personally would NEVER leave Verizon for Sprint. If Sprint roaming bounces off Verizon towers, that tells me something.

mfritzin - I hope you do not lose all faith in the BB products. Have you checked to ensure all apps are closed? Which OS are you running? The jump to .148 has made significant changes.

Let us know.
Yes, to each their own. I would never go back to VZW. Been on VZW and it's not good, especially where I live, work, and travel to and from.

Anyway, yes Sprint not ONLY uses their towers but utilizes VZW's as well giving superior coverage. If Sprint didn't utilize VZW towers too, then I would say the coverage on Sprint may not be as good as VZW's coverage. Point is they do use both their own and VZW's allowing for excellent coverage. As far as Sprint's Data Speeds, no one will probably ever be better, after all Sprint is known for having the fastest Data speeds.

I haven't heard of Storm2 coming out, but if so I would venture to say it will be basically the same device with some changes. Either way, I really don't see RIM putting their efforts on touch screen phones anymore. Way Too Many complaints and RIM doesn't like problem devices .... RIM is known for excellence.