Old 06-18-2009, 01:35 PM   #240
emacf1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9500
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

BBFileScout update to 0.7

What's new?
* Option to specify the maximal size of files that can be opened with the internal BBFileScout text viewer/editor (make your choice depending on the performance of your BlackBerry® device) - In the past the editor had a limit of 250 KiB.

What's fixed?
* Options: it's now possible the remove a previously specified thumbnail-store directory (in order to disable the complete thumbnail persistence)
* Options: it's now possible the remove a previously specified startup directory

Please note, that I have moved all the content to a new domain: http://www.emacberry.com [bb.emacf1.com does not exist any longer]

Installation & Update
You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage

When you update your previous BBFileScout you might get an Information when updating to the new Version [a module with the same name (BBFileScout) already exist] - simply continue by pressing "OK".

Actually I just can recommend to all, that when you open a JAD via the browser (that you has installed previously) then you should always choose "refresh/reload" from the #Menu before you actually hit the install button.

Please note, that updating BBFileScout on OS 5.x might require an deinstallation of BBFileScout before you are able to install the new version of BBFileScout.

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias
Offline   Reply With Quote