View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Don Henry

Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Accessing "ultra-secured" Emails Via Bis

Please Login to Remove!

I hope someone has an idea for this . . I just turned my brother in law into a BB addict. He works for a major pharmaceutical company - he can only access his email from his notebook (VPN and 2 factor authentication) using Lotus Notes 6.5. His company uses Lotus instead of MS Exhange.

He would like to get email on his new Curve - however, his company does not allow it, except for their executive team (I guess they think executives are immune to losing cell phones . . )

In spite of this, he would like to do so anyway. The Blackberry BIS account mail setup program could not automatically find his email address (of course).

I then tried providing the settings manually - it could not find the email server, even though I entered precisely the email server name noted on the Lotus Notes client account information (am guessing the email server is proxied behind something else for security)

I then tried setting a rule in Lotus Notes to forward emails to the outside - their system blocks all message forwarding except to other people in the same domain.

Because it is Lotus Notes, to my knowledge BB Re-director will not work since it only supports Outlook.

Lastly - his company does not have email web access.

If anyone has a creative idea, I would appreciate you sharing it.
Offline   Reply With Quote