View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 10:44 PM   #12
Bob Hansen

Model: 8350i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

PROBLEM FIXED!

Came back to provide feedback and say thanks for the help.
Was on line for almost 2 hours with Nextel Tech Support, got bumped up to higher level of support. Basic problem was that Service Books were not all there.

I only had three originally, now I have about 20. Also have more icons on "Desktop" and more options within those icons. Tech Support says that phone was not configured properly when purchases yesterday. The Data Plan was purchased but not properly coded so service books were not provided. Finally had to delete account with sprint.blackberry.net and create a new account with nextel.blackberry.net. So, I guess that even if Intel and Sprint are now "the same company", they are not quite the same.

Lesson learned: If signing up for Data Pkg from Sprint you should have many more than three Service Books listed. I have 27 listed, including the email account that was created when signing up for Blackberry Internet Service.

A few other clues:
GPS could not find satellites, that is now OK.
Now have option on browser for Internet and Hotspot. You guys called that one, as the cause of my first message.

So again, thanks for the help, I have a static IP on my phone, I can make Internet connections when wireless network is not available. Someday I hope I can help someone else as a way of payback.
Offline   Reply With Quote