View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #8
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

I've been using it for about a day now. It doesn't use your GrandCentral address book unless you manually import it, rather, it will use your gmail contacts which is better for me. Unfortunately, for hosted accounts there seems to be a problem getting the address book access in GV.

Usually I get about 10-15 voicemails a day and Friday, none! So, I couldn't checkout the transcription feature except for a couple of test calls. It worked very well.

You can SMS right from GV and if someone sends a SMS to your GV account, it will forward to your mobile. You can also SMS from your mobile using the GV number so your cell number is completely transparent. I haven't been able to get the forwarding to work yet.

The web site is nicely updated but the mobile site on my BB doesn't look as streamlined as the old site. I guess I'll have to wait and see as I actually use the service.

You can still pull up the old GC web site to listen to old voicemail.

You can make and receive calls on it and use the Gizmo sip client as a gui on your PC. You can make calls on it using your BB by dialing your GC number then dialing the number you want to call. Nice if you don't want to distribute your cell phone number. As bad as that sounds (I don't remember anyone's number anymore), I'm guessing you can use one of the calling card third party apps to deal with the dialing. Nice if you have this as a myfav or circle number, basically all the unlimited calling you want (provided the service sound quality is good).

If they added fax and the ability to call your number and dial from your online phonebook, I'd say they'd have the perfect service.

Regards-Michael G.

Last edited by mgerbasio; 03-14-2009 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: Update
Offline   Reply With Quote