SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by richbrowne View Post
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, DM will not update the OS. First of all it recognises that there is a new version of the OS installed locally, I then select that version for the upgrade, it then interrogates the Internet and states that there is nothing to upgrade. I assume here it is ignoring the locally installed BB OS and checking my carriers website for a newer version than the one installed to the BB and seeing that the one on my BB is newer, hence no upgrade.

The only way I can get it to upgrade is to pull the network cable out of the local system so that DN cannot interrogate the Internet; it then updates the BB with the new OS. However, this is far from ideal and I would rather not have to do this each time I want to update my BB OS.

I am running App Loader through the DM GUI. Maybe I should run this using the 'Loader' binary 'exe' file. Is this the way that you get around the problem?

Do you have this version of DM installed and are still able to load a BB OS to your local PC and upgrade using APP Loader thorugh the DM interface?

Thanks,

Rich.
Interesting you can try running the loader.exe, I'm currently running Desktop Manager 4.5 (I've been meaning to upgrade).

Follow me on Twitter
Offline   Reply With Quote