View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #18
wiredhernandez

Model: 6800
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsafc View Post
Only had my BB less than a week on t-mobile was surfing fine on the WIFI on my home router, same problem happened next day, no green tick in the manage connections only a white horizontal line. Contacted t-mobile updated software all the usual stuff, spent over 10 hours talking to tech support on the phone over 2 days (at there cost). Only to find out that blackberry know about this problem and are trying to get it sorted!! they've taken my BB back and are sending me a new one. tech support could have save me hours of time if they told me blackberry knew about this problem in the first place.

keithsafc
Can you please elaborate on this statement? Does RIM know there is a wifi problem with some BBs? I am currently looking at an issue with the BOLD and Curve. They will connect just fine sometimes and then need a reset to connect others. I have tried with Cisco WAPs and Linksys .. Coverage and network are always good. The diagnostics show no connection or lost connection .. very flaky all around with multiple devices. RIM has been no help so far. I have tried with both WEP and WPA. One day everything looks solid.. next morning check and cant connect or require reset..

I can always connect to same wlan with laptop ....

Last edited by wiredhernandez; 02-23-2009 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: update
Offline   Reply With Quote