View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 03:43 PM   #58
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
You know, everyone advocating Universal Health Care always likes to cite W.H.O. as a totally impartial source, and then denigrate sources presenting conflicting information as biased. Personally, as an arm of the United Nations, I'm not inclined to take W.H.O. as impartial as you want to claim it is. In many (most?) things, the United Nations ends up being fairly anti-U.S.

You said, "check the top countries and their methods of insuring their population." I suggest you check the top countries against the home countries of those in charge at W.H.O. and their methods of insuring their population. The Director General is from China, the Deputy Director General is from Ghana, and of 11 Assistant Directors-General, 1 is from the U.S. (in charge of polio eradication.)

As I know, and I imagine you know, "statistics" can be heavily biased - in either direction - based on the biases of those constructing the methodology. I won't try to claim that Frasier Institute is completely unbiased, but I don't think its reasonable to claim that W.H.O. is unbiased either.
yes, the world is out to get the US. great theory, yes they weighted the survey because they want us to change our health care system. ok.

the US if anything has had tremendous influence on the US over the years.