View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 06:09 PM   #18
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
I already give up over 30% of my pay to taxes I do not want to give up any more. Why should I pay for you to go to the hospital when I dont like you in the first place?

I dont want to have to wait for a hospital bed, or be told my son will die because the cost is more to treat him then to bury him. Thats a true story!

Its been documented that you have to wait till a bed opens for you to have surgery. The beds in the states are already full of illegals and welfare patients. We dont need more free loaders or more taxes.

But its my choice to have insurance or not. Why do I need the government to tell me I have to pay for something I dont need.
No doubt there are bad stories out there but there are bad stories with the current situation where basically your care is in the hands of a for-profit company that has their investors interests above yours. Their choices ruin peoples lives daily.

I do not see the money angle as the taxes would be less than the high rates the companies are paying now. The service is the question but from Cory and other people's stories I do not see the level of care dropping. Although we hardly have the best medical services in the US anyways.