Old 01-20-2009, 08:10 AM   #20
pretzelb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbb View Post
I don't close my browser or other apps. I do happen to have two batteries, so every two or three days it gets "rebooted" when I switch to the fresh battery. I am more careful with the winmo and it's battery lasts less than half as long (with NO voice compared to the BB doing all my voice work).

The real question, what are you really after? Personal justification to save yourself $30 a month? I think the carriers changed that game when most smartphones cost the same additional per month now. So, if you want someone to say it's ok to get something different, here you go. Get what makes you happy.

(can I buy your sprint curve when you move on? :D I will even trade my q9c)
From the reviews I've read, it seems like the more graphical the phone is, the more battery drain is reported. Even the new graphical BB models seem to report battery life similar to iPhone or WinMo phones. Then again, AFAIK the BB is the only phone with an auto shut off and turn on function which can only help promote battery life.

You are wrong about the cost being the same, at least for Sprint. To get a BB you must pay $30 a month. For other smart phones except for the Instinct all you need (I think) is a $15 a month data charge added to your line. So in my case, owning a BB costs twice as much per month.

As to what I'm searching for, I suppose I'm trying to understand what I am getting with my Curve that I may not get elsewhere. As this is my first pda / smart phone I have nothing to compare. It does handle email nicely, and the sound clarity is good, but I am not sure it's twice as good at email and sound as something else. I'm not even sure it's exactly the same. I'm not even sure if it does something unique that others cannot.
Offline   Reply With Quote