View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
jprint714
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8220
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Thank you all very much for all of your help and insight -- I greatly appreciate it. I'm feeling more inclined to buy it now (though I wish the 8220 didn't emit so such high SAR levels, but that's a different topic).

Quick follow up questions: What do you do when you have to spell someone's name for an automated greeting service designed for T9 phones (i.e., press 4 for the letter G, etc.)?

Given that there aren't any bumps or depressions on the phone for the numbers, would it be useful to buy an kind of tactile bumps for those keys? I heard that there are actually some sort of plastic bumps one can buy and place on the pearl-like RIM phones so that you can feel which keys are the number keys, and it might be easier to dial calls while not having to look at the phone (i.e., while multi-tasking). Thought? Does anyone know about these "keypad bumps" that one can stick on? I have no idea what to call them... Thanks!

Even though this is separate from the topic, how is the phone quality? I heard that it has very good audio quality...
Offline   Reply With Quote