View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 02:24 PM   #18
dakis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Orange CH

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudres View Post
Pater: While I sympathize with your German typing issue, I honestly think that RIM did not design this phone with you in mind. As a Canadian company, with a huge US customer base and vast numbers of English-speaking people as users.
The Storm is made exclusively for Vodafone and its partner providers and joint ventures (like Verizon). It was introduced in Germany, which is Vodafone's biggest market, at about the same time as it was in the US. Vodafone has 34 Million customers in Germany alone. Vodafone's partner company Swisscom has another 3 million German speaking customers. So I'm sorry to disagree - the German speaking parts of Europe are among the main markets for the Storm. Perhaps not for other RIM devices but definitely for the Storm. To give them some credit, German isn't the easiest language for keyboards, auto-correction etc. It took Apple 3 firmware releases to get the German spell-checking and keyboard right on the iPhone. But saying the Storm isn't made for this market is incorrect, in my opinion.

peter
Offline   Reply With Quote