Old 12-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #16
hudres
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakis View Post
I'm a Mac person myself - while I like the iPhone in general, I greatly prefer using the Touch HD I got from my employer. It can be used as a modem, can run instant messengers in the background and I can use stereo bluetooth headsets with it (theoretically, I don't own one).

As opposed to most other people, I use a touch screen phone for work and a blackberry bold at home This basically has medical reasons - I used to have RSI from typing too much and since I started using a blackberry at home (rather than typing on my notebook) I cut my daily time in front of a computer by about 3 hours - which did the trick and killed the pain...

peter
Pater: While I sympathize with your German typing issue, I honestly think that RIM did not design this phone with you in mind. As a Canadian company, with a huge US customer base and vast numbers of English-speaking people as users. and judging from the way alternate characters are addressed in the current keyboard layout, non-English users were clearly not at the top of RIM's agenda during design.

Having said that, I will remind you that as a virtual keyboard, is will only be a matter of time before someone comes out with a German keyboard upgrade which will address the common usage of non-English characters.

The same argument can be made for French users. Thenm there are the Asian users who require a totally different keyboard. SInce they can be accommodated , I see no reason why German will not be. The statistics of the numbers of users dictate when this gets done.

As far as the click cutting your typing speed, I suggest that you check out some of the threads elsewhere in this forum which address a simple mechanical adjustment to improve the speed of the click action. 73

PS: The more I use it and the more I tweak the settings, the more I love the Storm.
Offline   Reply With Quote