View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 08:59 AM   #52
hartmannks

Model: 7290

Face it, Cingular is just aweful. I would avoid getting balckberry service with Cingular. I have a 7290 with the unlimited blackberry plan. Initially, everything worked, but I was overcharged by $350. I corrected the billing problem and lost all functionality. I've spent hours and hours on the phone and can not solve the problem.

Here is the situation: With the basic BB unlimited plan, Cingular controls the flow of data by running everything through the WAP gateway. As a result, third party apps do not work. The only way to get thrid-party apps to work is have a couple service codes added to your account that open up the connection. The standard BB and services without BES do not need these codes to work. The codes are only needed for thrid-party apps which Cingular does not support which is why it is so difficult to get someone to add them to the account.

If you are within the first 30 days, return your BB and go to another carrier. Most other carriers have opened this stuff up. I'm stuck with Cingular because my company requires me to use them. If I had a choice, I would switch in 2 second. There is no way Cingular will ever maintain market leader with their current attitude.

Cheers,

Karl