Old 11-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #54
PIRATA!
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: 3 Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetGuru72 View Post
John Clark-

I upgraded to 4.5.0.134/4.5.0.99 last night. It all worked.

Then, I followed "method # 1" to remove the firewall that was left over from an old IT policy. I backed up and used JL_Cmder to resettofactory. That worked. The firewall was gone. However, when I restored my data, the firewall restriction came right back. What went wrong?

Also, most of the icons associated with my 3rd party apps look horrible now, as the pixels are all blurry. Is there an easy fix for that?
I have quoted this message for a question upgrating to this last os:

if I wipe all out with JL_Cmder and reinstall this last os, will my carrier BIS setting be automaticaly appilied after a "my-backups" restore or do I have to contact my carrier call center and ask them to send me another activation message?

I have to enable the firewall to use correctly a couples of apps on my BB (Windows Live Messenger and BBToday..)
if I wipe everything away with JL_Cmder like GadgetGuru72 says above, will I still have my firewall to enable or will I lose that option and so the ability to enable it??

last thing, you say that is better not to bing firewall and application permissions settings to the new os installation...why?!?!? if my BB is working fine but would like to upgrade the OS to have the OS improvements, how is it better to configure firewall and application permissions?
is it the best to re-enable them manually as I did the first time for each software, or shall I trust old os backup to restore?
(I have to say that I realy have just afew apps installed..It can take me 10 min to set permissions for them all up again....)

plase help me undersand what is this firewall thing because I don't understand what you mean and what do I have to do with my backups.

thank you!

Last edited by PIRATA!; 11-24-2008 at 07:57 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote