View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 03:03 PM   #14
the.ir1sh

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

On the Flex: This screen does NOT flex. The entire screen is a button. And the user that compared it to the Macbooks is the closest to the truth.

If you look closely it looks like a clear screen that is on some type of swivel that is the button. It's a solid click. There is no localized haptic buzz or jolt. Wherever you apply pressure with the intent of selecting, the feel of the button is consistent...the click is consistent.

I did notice if you try and push really-REALLY hard just left and above center of the screen a little LCD pressure bleed will occur (dead center) but it was nothing permanent with the force I was applying.

In line with other comments about the screen, the clarity is *dazzling* and when the keyboard popped up, little viewable space remains. Also, rotation from portrait to landscape and back again were less than snappy but still responsive. I would in no way was the transition between modes more than a second in duration. -In that sense, it was reasonable (just not as smooth as the apple with its hardware acceleration).

This is what I gathered with my 5 minutes at a Verizon Wireless store. I'm considering the move from my Pearl 8100 (with Blingball OOH AAAH) to the Bold 9000 or Storm 9500 but I'm leaning toward the Bold with it's tried and true keypad but upgraded hardware as my Blackberry is first and foremost a messaging device and a multimedia device second.

I hope my input is useful to you and all. Let me know if you have any other questions as I would enjoy being of assistance.

Regards,

Sean-Colin

Last edited by the.ir1sh; 11-21-2008 at 03:05 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote