View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 10:54 AM   #18
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T, VZW

Wow, so much negative press surrounding this device already! Here's my take, and this is just my 2 cents. Most of us, (not all) but most of us on here are power users! Which means we do a lot of typing, blastin out emails through out the day, texting, a lil web here and there, etc! I've been a phone tech junkie for a lil while now, and I luv how far technology has taken us in the last few years! However the true roots of a Blackberry lie within the keyboard, it's what started this whole crackberry following!

While I do think it's cool that RIM is staying current with the times, and trying out new things. Especially adding some new tricks and toys to there devices like video, better cameras, touch screens, etc! All fine and good. However the DNA is the keyboard, and we can't forget that! The Storm will sell well, but it will appeal to the new, or maybe first time users! I for one will make my way over to VZW and give it a whirl, but I know it will definitely not be taking the place of my Bold.

I'd be foolin myself to think a touchscreen could take the place of a beloved blackberry keyboard, and I think a lot of us feel just about the same way!
Offline   Reply With Quote