View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #9
LancePipes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Why is everyone so obsessed and dumbfounded with this SurePress feature? The few things I've heard about it describe it well and leave little room for speculation in my mind.

I think whoever replied to you earlier misinterpreted the meaning of "flex". I assume you're asking whether the screen actually bends or pushes in at a localized finger push. I've never seen the Storm, but I understand how it works from what I've heard. The screen itself doesn't push in at a localized area - it pushes in as one rigid unit. The screen is a button. When you push a mouse button, does the mouse button bend and flex, distorting the shape of the button? No, the whole button pushes in as single unit. This is exactly how the screen works. The entire screen depresses slightly (it may press in on one side a bit more, but it remains rigid). You select what you want by touching, then you click in the screen to select. You can click to select by pressing anywhere on the screen....the corner, the middle, the area that you already selected, etc. You don't have to push in where you selected an item because the click is just a confirmation. The screen is rigid and doesn't bend or flex. The whole screen pushes in as one unit!

Does that make sense? I hope so. I don't know why people can't understand how the screen works. It seems very straightforward to me. I guess the less you think about it the easier it is to comprehend.

Furthermore, from what I've read most people prefer the SurePress to the Iphone method. Sure it introduces another step of clicking the screen to confirm, but it also ensures greater accuracy.

Sorry to be a D.....hope this helps.

LTP
Offline   Reply With Quote