Old 10-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #10
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esvhaynes View Post
I received this message earlier today when I emailed Verizon's head PR contact in charge of the Blackberry Storm release, just FYI in case anyone is interested:

"Thank you for your question and your caution. I'm responsible for all of the PR on the BlackBerry Storm for Verizon Wireless and I work closely with RIM and with Vodafone to track where we are in the development of the final software. The software isn't final and I know for a fact that RIM has not distributed devices to either company. If the phone you are thinking of buying is a GSM phone, then it won't work on the Verizon Wireless network because we use CDMA technology in the U.S. Locked or unlocked a GSM phone won't work on the Verizon Wireless network because the technologies are not compatible. The Storm we are going to sell is a CDMA/GSM phone. I have no idea what is being sold in Europe or who manufactured it so my only advice is buyer beware."

Brenda B Raney
I love this email "I work closely with RIM and with Vodafone to track where we are in the development" and then she says "I have no idea what is being sold in Europe or who manufactured it"

That is working closely!!
Offline   Reply With Quote