View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
toolzy

Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Fido
Default help with 8120

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all. Sorry for being a noob and asking probably questions that have been answered. I've been "googling" and searching through forums on how to answer my questions for my new 8120.

First off, it is an 8120 from Europe (it's black with the chrome finish on the sides). I live in Toronto and I have Fido as my carrier. They have a data plan but they don't cater to the BB's. I have the data plan.

I'm trying to find ways to get email on my 8120. I heard that gmail has an app. I can't seem to find a link anywhere where I can download this app. I'm trying to download it on my macbook pro. I take it I have to download this application via the web browser on the BB? Reason I'm doing this using gmail is because in the email setup (via the wizard), I only get 2 options: "I want to work with BES..." and "I want to skip the email setup". I was hoping I'd see an option where I could configure my POP/IMAP settings, port and such. But nadda.

In addition, I do have GPS on this version of the 8120...weird I know. But when I go to advanced settings, I do have an option for GPS. I just don't know how to activate it. Fido says they can't/don't know how to since it's a non-Fido phone. They say I have to download something from TeleNav (Navigator) and pay $10 a month to get the service. Weird...I thought this phone + the data plan should already do it for me.

Please help as I am new to BB's.

Thank you.
Offline   Reply With Quote