View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 12:58 PM   #53
gfunk11
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Maxis

Bro lostangel,

What a Small World! Ahahaha.. yeah, big bald dude... How's ur lovely toy? I'm loving every second of it!

Yeah, luckily I stayed back. When they activated my BIS, seems all OK in the system, but didn't reflect on my BOLD. T/shoot for about an hour or so with the rep there, Bro Sylvester. Very nice guy that helped out all t/out. He even went-up to see the 'expert' on the BOLD. You know what, it was a SIM Card prob. hahaha... all logical stuff OK! Physical sim card problem. Ahahaha...

Seems that, my SIM, which was one of those damn old ones (really didn't bother to change all this while). Used that sim card for about 8 yrs or so. Hehehe... Changed the SIM card, ok! BIS updated on my phone. All ok from there. I could browse, but in my haste, forgot to check the BB services i.e. Messenger, e-mail Sync, GPS, etc. When I got back, suspected when I changed my SIM, the BB service was deactivated. Called the call centre 123 and after being on hold for about 2 mins, Sylvester took over the call. He knew it was me. Haha... So it was relatively easy talking to him as he knew what the problem was. Checked in the system and yeah, my BIS service was deactivated once I changed my SIM (default from their system when anyone changes SIM). Oh well, got it sorted out and as of 6pm yesterday, was up & running on BB.

BB BOLD is truly amazing! Screens awesome, videos look superb and the overall handling and speed is brilliant!!! Surfing was great on 3G! WAAAYYYYmuch better than my curve which is on max EDGE! hehehe...

Just one qualm; don't know if you notice. The battery runs out quite fast! Not as heavy duty as the Curve. With the Curve, I don't have to re-charge after about 2 1/2 days or so. And that's with the usual BB Msgr, Corp mails (80+ mails a day) replying mails, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, Gmail, etc. hehehe... on the Bold, it doesn't last as long. Guess they needed to strike a balance between performance and the battery strength. Oh well, whatever the case, I've got the in-car charger, so when I'm on the move, I can re-charge anytime! hehehe...

Keep in touch! Cheers!
Offline   Reply With Quote