View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:14 PM   #3
SteveMRose
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crushingviolet
It doesn't do a differential. The blackberry has to see it in the deleted items to be properly removed. I have confirmed this with RIM as I had users complaining of the same issue. It also has to sit in the deleted items until it syncs again or a reconcile now has been performed. I LOVE to shift delete items, but it makes lots of cleaning time on the blackberry.

CrushingViolet
I have found a work around that while not perfect, does accomplish what is wanted.

First, malware is correct that the message must reside in the "Delete" folder when sync happens to be moved from the BB inbox to the deleted folder on the BB- this is the only way to accomplish the "differential" you are looking for for deleted items.

To accomplish the differential for e-mails to be moved to Personal Folders (i.e.- .pst files) I have made a folder in Outlook Today called "holding" and I move all my messages to be moved to Personal Folders to this folder on the BB, which removes them from the inbox. Then, in Outlook I move them from the "Holding" folder to the Personal Folder and when the BB is sync'd again, the messages are no longer in the "Holding" folder. A bit of a pain in work around, but it does work.

There is also another way to do this using the Desktop Manager in conjunction with wireless reconcilation. DM will allow you to chose one Personal Folder to synchonize with and I have made one called "Current Month" and chosen it as the folder to synch with from within the e-mail configuration in DM. This folder is ghosted on your BB and you can use "file" on your BB messages in the inbox to move the messages to this folder, and then when the BB is synchronized using DM, the messages are filed correctly in this Personal Folder in Outlook as well. I move all my "Sent Items" and other messages to this "Current Month" folder on my BB and then they are moved in Outlook when I connect my BB to my computer.

If you need some screen shots let me know and I can post some when I am at work on Monday.

steve