View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 01:20 AM   #22
nartac

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

My problem seems to be different than most and I hope someone can shed some lights into this situation. My brother purchased an unlocked Suncom blackberry 8120 with 523 error on the screen. Since we don't know it's history or care for retaining contents on the phone, we used JL_Cmdr to wipe out the phone. This leads to error 507 which we wanted. We have installed Desktop Manager 4.6 and also Orange BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.75. During the install of software, this blackberry would load up softwares until net_rim_bb_options_app.cod and then installation would abruptly stopped and Desktop manager would indicate there is a fatal error that occured. The blackberry would boot up and shows the error 523 again.

I have tried going to edit platform.alx file under c:/program files/common files/Research In Motion/shared/loader files/8120-v4.5.0.52_P2.7.0.66 and deleted net_rim_bb_options_app.cod and retried again the above mentioned process but blackberry continued to stop at the next cod file and displayed same fatal error and error 523 on the BB.

I have tried taking out the battery, plug into usb and used the loader.exe under the apploader folder but same result occured.

Sorry for the long post but I just want to give detailed steps that I have tried and hope someone can shed some light to revive this phone.

thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote