View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 10:15 AM   #14
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvincelli View Post
Hi Again, I will give Opera Mini a try Bushako, Thanks. Takeshi, as for the correct setting, I set it to Microsoft IE. Mt other choices are, Blackberry, Openwave (WAP), Openwave Gateway, MS Pocket IE and Netscape. It is still coming up as the mobile page at WCBS NEWSRADIO 880 - Homepage - WCBS Newsradio 880. I will plan on loading Opera Mini and let everyong know if that works. Thanks!!
I think you missed my point. Are you setting that option for the correct browser? The Browser Configuration page can apply to up to 3 different browsers on the BB: WAP, Internet/Browser & Blackberry Browser (BES/MDS). Each of those browsers has its own distinct settings.

Look at the top right of the Browser Configuration page. You need to first choose the browser that you intend to adjust the settings for. Then set the emulation. If you edit the emulation setting for one of the "other" browsers then the emulation setting will have no effect. This is a crude analogy but it's kinda like adjusting the settings in Firefox and complaining that IE still doesn't work quite right. The analogy kinda falls apart because IE and Firefox don't share a settings page like the built-in browsers on the BB do.

What's the name of the browser icon -- verbatim from your BB screen when you have the icon selected/highlighted?

I have confirmed that setting the emulation to IE will do exactly what you're looking for and specifically with the URL you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Interesting, I don't have the option for Blackberry Browser.... My only options are Internet Browser, and Media Net.
You only get the Blackberry Browser if you're on BES. It runs through BES/MDS (i.e. you're not missing anything if you're on BIS only).

Last edited by takeshi; 08-06-2008 at 10:28 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote