Old 07-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #30
BBSwany
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Straight Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

Give me a break! I think RIM's marketshare is doing just fine. Remember, BlackBerry was never designed to be a consumer device. Their popularity has made RIM change the demographics they aim to. So, its the BlackBerry that is selling BlackBerry.
Couldn't agree more! I just love how people compare the iPhone to BB. They are targeted at two completely different segments of buyers. BB has always been considered a corporate device. The first consumer model in my eyes was the Pearl, and it gained popularity fast. I can't count how many I see in a day. The Curve took it to the next nevel. Now the Bold. Please, people. BlackBerry's are messaging devices, not an iPod with a phone attached. I think RIM is working hard on making a BB more media friendly.
Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is way ahead of the curve in terms of technology. Apple has done a great job of releasing a revolutionary device, but calling it a BB Killer is a joke. No Copy/Paste, No MMS, "Complete" Push E-Mail support, & Laughingly short battery life (Could barely get 7 hours out of it, My Curve lasts 1.5-2 days.) to name a few "issues". I like a removable battery, but some people only own one.
The only BB that is an iPhone competitor is the Thunder. Not the Curve. Not the Bold.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Offline   Reply With Quote