BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BlackBerry Network (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Question about Blackberry and Google Apps Mail (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=99973)

onyx00 10-14-2007 03:29 PM

Question about Blackberry and Google Apps Mail

Hey all,

I just picked up a Blackberry Curve on T-Mobile, and had some questions related to setting up the Blackberry for true push e-mail delivery from Google. I read a previous thread about setting up a Blackberry for Google Apps Mail address (http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...is-status.html), but it seemed like I had no problems setting up my Google Apps e-mail address on T-Mobile.

However, I am not sure if everything is working the way it should. From what I read two-way sync. is supported with Google Apps address.

Here is a list of what seems to work fine for me:

- Instant e-mail deliveries (3-5 seconds most delay).

- When I delete on my Curve, I can also delete on the Google Apps server, and the message is gone from my Google Apps inbox if I check it on a computer.

Now, here is what doesn't work:

- Reading a message on my Curve DOES NOT mark it as read on my Google Apps E-mail inbox (I check it on a computer, and it is still shown as new).

- Reading a message on my computer in my Google Apps E-mail inbox DOES NOT mark it as read on my Curve.

So is this all expected, or with two-way sync. should the Read/Not Read status be synchronizing between the two as well?

jeremyckitching 10-14-2007 05:15 PM

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I have had issues with read statuses and deletes (at least from GMail to the BlackBerry) with GMail. Yahoo! seems to be more of a true two-way sync, or at least it is faster. And the read statuses are updated as well.

Keyscan 10-14-2007 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremyckitching (Post 704095)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I have had issues with read statuses and deletes (at least from GMail to the BlackBerry) with GMail. Yahoo! seems to be more of a true two-way sync, or at least it is faster. And the read statuses are updated as well.

Gmail support is trying to catch up to yahoo from what I can see but I agree, my yahoo email is still a step ahead when it comes to features with the BIS. The gap is narrowing though.

onyx00 10-14-2007 07:49 PM

Okay, so basically what I am seeing is normal.

Thanks for the information. I can live for now. :smile:

akosnitzky 10-16-2007 06:30 AM

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremyckitching

We are on the same page.

My problem is that I have been using my yahoo as a spam warehouse, so I am optimistic that someone will figure out those intereting threaded e-mails.

akosnitzky 10-16-2007 06:35 AM

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremyckitching

We are on the same page.

My problem is that I have been using my yahoo as a spam warehouse, so I am optimistic that someone will figure out those intereting threaded e-mails.