BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rumor Mill (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Verizon's Getting a BlackBerry Curve-like Device (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=88801)

AndrewParker 08-02-2007 02:42 PM

Verizon's Getting a BlackBerry Curve-like Device

I just overheard the following conversation in the elevator in my building:

Verizon employee #1: Y’know Verizon’s getting a camera blackberry for consumers.
Verizon employee #2: Really?
Verizon employee #1: Yea, it’s not going to be world-capable, but it will have a camera and it will be smaller than this one [referring to the 8830].
Verizon employee #2: Oh, so like the Curve.
Verizon employee #1: Yea, like the Curve. For consumers.
Verizon employee #2: Where’d you find that out?
Verizon employee #1: Asked around.
Verizon employee #2: Oh, yea, I never hear about these things… When’s it coming out?
Verizon employee #1: Couple of months.

Check out my post for complete details: Verizon's Getting a Curve-like Blackberry at The Gong Show by Andrew Parker

I'm stoked! :smile:

Perfect Storm 08-02-2007 02:58 PM

This reminds me of that Seinfeld episode with the article about Jerry and George being gay.

birddog 08-02-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfect Storm (Post 621228)
This reminds me of that Seinfeld episode with the article about Jerry and George being gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

JSanders 08-02-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewParker (Post 621197)

Verizon employee #1: Y’know Verizon’s getting a camera blackberry for consumers.
Verizon employee #1: Yea, it’s not going to be world-capable, but it will have a camera and it will be smaller than this one [referring to the 8830].
Verizon employee #2: Oh, yea, I never hear about these things… When’s it coming out?

Check out my post for complete details: Verizon's Getting a Curve-like Blackberry at The Gong Show by Andrew Parker

That was me and Lunkhead just spreading rumors... knew it was you in the elevator.

JGBerry 08-02-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewParker (Post 621197)

oh how i love elevator gossip. usually you find out "who's sleeping with who" ...not what cell phones are coming out haha

whsbuss 08-02-2007 08:19 PM

Where do these rumors start? Do people lie awake at night thinking of them?

The latest info from my sources is both the Pearl2 and the Curve will make it to the VZW catalog. The Pearl2 won't be a world phone but the Curve will. No time frame but Q4 is likely.

dc/dc 08-02-2007 08:30 PM

I bet it's that new Samsung jam...

Miro47 08-03-2007 08:32 AM

Other than health, I can't think of too many more things that would make me happier than a VZW Pearl :)

test54 08-03-2007 09:06 AM

I was Verizon Employee #1 and I was just messing with you. - glad you put me #1 as Bill should definitely not be listed before me as it was my idea.

JSanders 08-03-2007 09:53 AM

I think Andrew (the OP) was just hearing voices in his head.

And he was in his closet as well, not an elevator.

avanden 08-06-2007 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whsbuss (Post 621629)
Where do these rumors start? Do people lie awake at night thinking of them?

You'd be surprised. Some people have nothing better to do than think up a bunch of BS to spread around.

test54 08-06-2007 08:21 AM

This one started out as Blog Spam from the looks of this.

Bigmark173 08-19-2007 06:25 PM

As with ALL things wireless, I'll believe it when I see it....then I'll wait a few more months before Alltel gets it anyway! After all, we ARE the "red-headed step child" of wireless! Customer service is good, coverage is good, the new Smart Choice Plans are GREAT, but our handset line-up is....LACKING to say the least!

$tockmarket 08-22-2007 01:15 PM

Pure blog spam!