BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Any Hotel, Airline apps available (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=67750)

chubby_nubby 03-04-2007 05:48 PM

Any Hotel, Airline apps available

Just wondering if there are any 3rd party applications where you can store all of your travel info? Like hotel reservations, flight info, I support many high end clients who are interested in this type of application. Just wondering if anyone has heard of any good ones?

bostonnerd 03-04-2007 06:17 PM

That would be Worldmate Professional. If you spend any time on planes this is the application to have on the Blackberry.
MobiMate's WorldMate - Mobile Travel Software-Windows Mobile Pocket PC Travel Software, Palm Travel Software, UIQ Travel Software, BlackBerry Travel Software and more

rivviepop 03-04-2007 08:27 PM

I 2nd WorldMate Pro -- I have had only one chance to use it (on a Nokia E50) during a long trip to Hong Kong, and this was the one app I had open and running all the time. The currency convertor was the best - I used a cheap in-country SIM so local exchage rate updates were cheap. I felt very empowered.

mdouglas11 03-04-2007 08:48 PM

Blackberry version of WorldMate Professional is different

I also liked Worldmate Pro on both Palm and Windows mobile devices. However, when I switched over to a Blackberry 8700c I was disappointed to find that the Blackberry version does not include the Itinerary module which allowed one to track flights, hotel reservations, car rentals, etc.

When I inquired of customer support many months ago, they simply responded that different versions have different features and were noncommittal as to whether the Blackberry version would ever have the Itinerary module. Accordingly, I recently decided not to renew my annual subscription. Maybe if they get some pressure from other users it will push them to add this feature.

digidep 03-04-2007 09:36 PM

check out Go Skip

It is free, but you can only update trips on the PC/Web.

digidep

Soapm 03-05-2007 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digidep
check out Go Skip

It is free, but you can only update trips on the PC/Web.

digidep

So if I understand, you load your itenary via their website then track it on your device?

chubby_nubby 03-05-2007 10:01 AM

Yea that's what I am looking for too, something with an itenary that there executive assistants can update, and will push the info to their BB's. Or they can view when on the road, or in an airport.

blakeatl 03-05-2007 10:42 AM

Skip looks like a winner. Gotta try it out.

rexguys 03-05-2007 10:52 AM

Perhaps a good fit - ideaMatrix

Quote:

Originally Posted by chubby_nubby
Just wondering if there are any 3rd party applications where you can store all of your travel info? Like hotel reservations, flight info, I support many high end clients who are interested in this type of application. Just wondering if anyone has heard of any good ones?

Our ideaMatrix application is used by many of our customers for travel reference info (among a lot of other reference information kind of things). ideaMatrix is a database package that offers the ability to store unlimited free-form info into unlimited folders (trips), inject info directly from e-mails received on the BlackBerry, and find info quickly when you need it with a quick free-form search capability.

We offer free trials at www.REXwireless.com - give it a try.

--the REXguys

cayzac 03-05-2007 07:44 PM

OK, I signed up for GoSkip. Seems like a neat idea but it doesn't automatically seem to work with my travel company's email. I have to manually enter in my itinerary. That's not such a bad thing but I can't find a way to designate an item as "Hotel" or "Rental Car", etc. All I can do is enter "Activities". The sample itinerary that was in my Inbox when I joined shows a Hotel reservation with a hotel bed icon, an Airline reservation with an airline icon and so on. I would like to use this but rather than just entering activities it would be nice to specify what an item actually was. Kinda petty I know but I think that would make it more user friendly. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong??

choi4096 07-22-2007 05:25 AM

Purchasing Problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostonnerd (Post 471018)
That would be Worldmate Professional. If you spend any time on planes this is the application to have on the Blackberry.
MobiMate's WorldMate - Mobile Travel Software-Windows Mobile Pocket PC Travel Software, Palm Travel Software, UIQ Travel Software, BlackBerry Travel Software and more

Hi,
I have a problem. I use an 8800 and I live in the Philippines and it seems all available online sellers for WorldMate 2006 doesn't want to sell to anyone from here. I tried Mobimate, Handango and Linecent Store; all of which has this limitations in selling from somebody from the Philippines. I tried searching the Net for other resellers for this product, but that seems to be a tall task for me. -- I really need this app because I travel a lot. Need help please!!!

plchan 07-22-2007 11:09 AM

I just installed GoSkip and tried to create a trip online. When I tried to add my flight schedule, it keeps showing me the error message:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I checked my flight schedule and the flight number was corrected.

I found out one interesting thing is... If I purposely add a flight number which does not even exist in the airline (in my case, SQ) system, it would accept the new entry.

fkjr2 07-22-2007 04:43 PM

just signed up for Skip - looks good - will wait til the flight to check status.

fkjr2 07-22-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostonnerd (Post 471018)

seems kind of expensive for what it does.

hmong 07-23-2007 02:11 PM

I think Worldmate @ $29.99 is fairly priced.

wcberry 07-23-2007 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmong (Post 610124)
I think Worldmate @ $29.99 is fairly priced.

It would be if that was the price for BB owners. But it is more like $75. It is a great program though.