BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Unable to send email from device (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=56226)

mcommerce 12-01-2006 06:22 AM

Unable to send email from device

Hi

I am having trouble sending email from an 8700V configured with BES on Exchange.

I can receive email, tasks calendar and note items no problem and tasks, calendar items etc. get sent wirelessly no problem. The encryption key is up to date and no other error messages occur.

When I try and send/reply to an email I get a red cross next to the outgoing message, when I open the message I get the following:

Sent Using: Desktop (Secure)
Folder: Sent items
Message status: Desktop email program unable to submit message
To: Rob
Sent: 1 Dec 2006 11:15
Subject: Test

I am on the Vodafone UK network and they say everything is in order their end.

There is no other option for method of sending other than Desktop.

Email can't be sent wirelessly or when connected to my laptop via USB.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rob

noname 12-01-2006 06:28 AM

Error matches that of KB04422 - Desktop email program was unable to submit message

Sometimes the answer is just a keyword search in the RIM Support Search Page :)

mcommerce 12-01-2006 07:12 AM

Done that

Hi

Funnily enough I have been through the KB and did all of that yesterday, several times along with other possible solutions, but thanks for the post.

Rob

noname 12-01-2006 07:27 AM

Hi mcommerce,

Did you do a search as suggested to go to RIM Support Search Page? Try searching "Desktop email program unable to submit message" under "Support Knowledge Base Articles" and it will return 2 articles. If you have exhausted the desktop/handheld checking, then it will be a server issue... The other KB article is the server one. Good Luck!

Keyword: Send As permission

BBAdmin 12-01-2006 10:38 AM

This is a revoke of the Send As permission for a user that is a member of another administrative group. Take a look at this KB on Microsoft's site:

Users cannot send e-mail messages from a mobile device or from a shared mailbox in Exchange 2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003

SinuousLogic 12-01-2006 10:50 AM

It could also be due to Vodafone UK's network problems today...

Article on the Register - I would post the URL, but it seems I'm not allowed to (must up my post count) :)

mcommerce 12-01-2006 01:23 PM

Thanks for that, I also went through 3 KB articles that relate to that security hotfix and couldn't find anything out of place. Exhausting all of those avenues was the reason I posted on here. I am sure it is something so very simple but for the life of me at the moment I can't see it.

Just keep looking I guess.

Thanks

dazh 01-08-2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcommerce
Thanks for that, I also went through 3 KB articles that relate to that security hotfix and couldn't find anything out of place. Exhausting all of those avenues was the reason I posted on here. I am sure it is something so very simple but for the life of me at the moment I can't see it.

Just keep looking I guess.

Thanks

Hi we have the same problem with one user. Did you find a fix for this

Thanks