BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8100 Series Discussion - Pearl (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   8100 Unlocked (gsmphonesource.com) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=46248)

jnelson2000 09-10-2006 05:51 PM

8100 Unlocked (gsmphonesource.com)

I just gave Adam my IMEI for the 8100. I should have the unlock code by 9/12. So far, Adam is the only one who may be able to unlock these this early. As soon as I receive success I will let you know and post a reply back to this forum.

I have used Adam's service in the past and his service is top notch. I wouldn't recommend anyone else.

GSM PhoneSource - When Only The Best Will Do

PS. I get nothing back from this. I am just passing along my experiences.

SoCal Cingular 09-10-2006 06:18 PM

i talked to adam, and he told me he can unlock them. i have sent customers to adam before, and they all say he is GREAT. so if anyone needs a BB unlocked, send them to adam!
eric

Lex Luthor 09-10-2006 11:53 PM

The BlackBerry 8100 I have is already unlocked as it's a demo model. I will be buying a full retail version for the wife so I hope Adam can unlock them.

MooseBerry 09-11-2006 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal Cingular
i talked to adam, and he told me he can unlock them. i have sent customers to adam before, and they all say he is GREAT. so if anyone needs a BB unlocked, send them to adam!
eric

This is great news! He doesn't need the whole unit, right, just the IMEI number?

SoCal Cingular 09-11-2006 03:01 AM

he needs the imei and the pin.

dtmfjunkie 09-11-2006 02:35 PM

cool...keep us posted.

LUVMSHAVD 09-11-2006 07:59 PM

Yah please keep us updated

dtmfjunkie 09-12-2006 05:15 PM

Sent request to Adam this morning. I'll keep you guys posted.

jnelson2000 09-12-2006 06:32 PM

Received code this afternoon. I have been traveling so I had limited access to post. All is good and Adam has confirmed that he CAN unlock the 8100 series.

Roughly 24-36 hours for turnaround. Well worth the funding if that is what you are looking for.

He can be reached at GSM PhoneSource - When Only The Best Will Do

Jeff

happiicamper 09-13-2006 11:36 AM

Adam is Great!!!

He CAN unlock the 8100. Got mine yesterday and got it unlocked yesterday...

dtmfjunkie 09-13-2006 06:44 PM

Got my code and unlocked perfectly...one note on the instructions Adam sent

2. In the tools screen, select the Settings icon.

3. Scroll to SIM Card and select it. You should see the phone number and the
SIM ID number.

You should have a step in between (2a) which is to select "Advanced Options". Had a little trouble finding "SIM Card" option at first.

I recommend gsmphonesource to everyone in this forum.

Synncere 09-13-2006 07:24 PM

Adam's great! He even helped me get my 8100. (y)

crazylegs 09-13-2006 07:33 PM

I can confirm that his service works. I bought a T-Mobile 8100 yesterday, gave him the imei and pin and i got the unlock code today. put it in and it worked perfectly. great service and timely. i have to admit that $99 is a bit steep, but worth it in my book as I now have a totally unlocked 8100.

sanjeevjoshi 09-13-2006 08:44 PM

Unlocked mine too

GSMPHONESOURCE unlocked my 8100 too quickly. Worked like a charm, I had provided IMEI and PIN. Thank you GSMPHONESOURCE, great job!

Not connected to the unlock, I did run into a strange issue when switching SIM cards from TMO to CIN. When booting up for the first time on CIN, I got a "app error 200 reboot". I had to pull the battery out and reboot three times, and this stopped occurring. Not sure what was going on, perhaps the TMO specific applications were interfering in a CIN based boot up (would this mean there were three offending apps that eventually got neutralized).

Works like a charm on CIN SIM CARD as well.

undemi 10-01-2006 04:49 PM

T-mobile should be able to do that for you for FREE. Why paying bucks???

:-)

undemi 10-01-2006 04:49 PM

or is this more of an infomercial?

:-(

flar 10-02-2006 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazylegs
I can confirm that his service works. I bought a T-Mobile 8100 yesterday, gave him the imei and pin and i got the unlock code today. put it in and it worked perfectly. great service and timely. i have to admit that $99 is a bit steep, but worth it in my book as I now have a totally unlocked 8100.

T-Mobile lets you unlock one phone every 90 days for free, but you may have to have been a customer for some amount of time. I've had no trouble getting the unlock codes from them 4 times - just call 611 and say "I'm traveling out of the country and want the unlock code" and they ask you to verify the personal info on the account and give them the IMEI and 24 hours later you get a text or an email with the unlock code. I've seen it written that you can email [email address] with the information, but others have said that it didn't work for them - the 611 route is quick and painless, though, so I use that.

zenxacred 10-02-2006 12:59 PM

^^ same here. i have my unlock code for the pearl using tmo. i'm pretty sure you have to be a customer of theirs for at least 3months.

i have the code, i'm just not using it.

NJBlackBerry 10-02-2006 01:01 PM

You have to be a customer in good standing for at least 3 months, and you can only unlock one phone per line every 60 or 90 days (I forget).

Undemi - It's not an infomercial - it's a commercial service. ANd I have nothing to do with them - other than being a satisfied customer.

sideshowjohn 10-02-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flar
T-Mobile lets you unlock one phone every 90 days for free, but you may have to have been a customer for some amount of time. I've had no trouble getting the unlock codes from them 4 times - just call 611 and say "I'm traveling out of the country and want the unlock code" and they ask you to verify the personal info on the account and give them the IMEI and 24 hours later you get a text or an email with the unlock code. I've seen it written that you can email [email address] with the information, but others have said that it didn't work for them - the 611 route is quick and painless, though, so I use that.

I just called customer service and told them the exact reason, i'll touch base within 2-3 days about it.