BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Best recommendation for a better task manager on the blackberry? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=41768)

shasky 07-23-2006 11:13 AM

Best recommendation for a better task manager on the blackberry?

I only got my blackberry a couple weeks ago. I love the e-mail, but the tasks app really bites for managing to-dos.

Any recommendations for something better?

Really appreciate any help.

mgerbasio 07-23-2006 11:36 AM

Welcome to REXwireless! todomatrix
crossriversystem.com pockday lists

I use todomatrix for my to-dos and also use ideamatrix from rexwireless.

Regards-Michael G.

cooperpwc 07-23-2006 12:02 PM

I love PocketDay Lists (aka PD Lists). It's much more than a replacement for Tasks but it certainly does that.

BTW the link provided by mgerbasio is wrong. To get PD Lists, it's CrossRiverSystems.

To buy or rent an apartment in Westchester County, use his link, no warranties as to the latter express or implied ;-) .

jddphd 07-23-2006 05:13 PM

I'm a todoMatrix convert as well. VERY refined application, that's soon to have a web interface too. Flexible alert system, flexible filing system, very nice app. Pricey though.

mgerbasio 07-23-2006 06:56 PM

cooperpwc - thanks for the catch. That's what I get for responding as my wife is pulling me out the door.

Regards-Michael G.

rickthornton 07-23-2006 09:10 PM

ToDo Matrix

I've been using ToDo Matrix and it is excellent software. It allows you to categorize your tasks by folder and is very flexible with respect to sorting, searching, alerts, etc.

As jddphd said, it is a little pricey, however, when you figure what the BB costs and what one spends on monthly service, it is all relative. Bottom line, it is a huge improvement over the built in task manager.

Rick

gdpmumin 07-23-2006 11:08 PM

Another happy todoMatrix user. Love it. Use it daily.

bulldoggy 07-24-2006 04:58 PM

If you're a Backpack fan, you can also use all of Backpack's features via mobile by adding /mob after each page. The beauty of Backpack (besides that there is a free version) is each page you set up has an e-mail address assigned to it so you can e-mail a reminder, note, etc. using your Blackberry. Backpack also has a reminder feature where you can have it e-mail or send you a text message for a reminder. I set up personal contacts on my BB to certain pages that I use all the time. If I think of something, I can just shoot it to my Backpack via e-mail. It's a fantastic system...

bulldoggy 07-24-2006 05:13 PM

Sorry for the double post.

gdpmumin 07-24-2006 07:58 PM

Wirelessly posted (VZW 7130e: BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Actually, the Backpack system is a good one. I've tried it and it works well. I just can't get into the rhythm of using it on the desktop for some reason, so it doesn't do me much good. But it is free and very flexible.

shasky 07-31-2006 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jddphd
I'm a todoMatrix convert as well. VERY refined application, that's soon to have a web interface too. Flexible alert system, flexible filing system, very nice app. Pricey though.

Thanks for the advise. I evaluated todomatrix and you are right, it is awesome! I bought it today.