BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9800 Series Discussion - Torch (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Facebook: Contact & Calendar Application Help (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=250563)

jvcvem2003 06-24-2011 12:28 AM

Facebook: Contact & Calendar Application Help

Hi. I have a 9800 Torch. On my Facebook options, the Blackberry Calendar Application and Contact Application I cannot enable its is greyed out. Anyone know why? So because of this, I can't sync my BB contacts to facebook contacts and calendar.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

DocGo 06-28-2011 07:04 PM

Re: Facebook: Contact & Calendar Application Help

Is your BB on a BES plan? I think some corporate IT disable this function. I know that when my BB had an IT policy installed, the FB calendar and contact options are greyed out for me. But once I had the IT policy removed, those functions became enabled.

samourai 07-31-2011 10:12 PM

DocGo, how did you get the IT policy removed?

Thx Sam

Medic48 08-01-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samourai (Post 1735620)
DocGo, how did you get the IT policy removed?

Thx Sam

FAQ: Remove IT Policy - BlackBerryFAQ

--Phil

samourai 08-01-2011 06:15 AM

Phil, thx for the link, but won't i get problems with my bbm? Wont my actual pin get wiped too?

devnull 08-01-2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samourai (Post 1735656)
Phil, thx for the link, but won't i get problems with my bbm? Wont my actual pin get wiped too?

No.

samourai 08-01-2011 08:11 AM

Thx devnull! Even on 9780, won't do a thing?

devnull 08-01-2011 08:37 AM

Post #5 question was "Wont my actual pin get wiped too?" -- Your PIN will not be wiped.

Post #6 question was "won't do a thing?" -- I don't understand that question.

samourai 08-01-2011 12:02 PM

If I just wipe my memory, settings->security->wipe , won't my problem be fixed? Or do i have to do the full method by downloading policy.bin and working in the regedit ? Is there not other way to "ungray" the facebook calendar and contacts sync ? I'm a newbie with all that stuff, sorry for asking all those questions!

DallasFlier 08-01-2011 02:35 PM

You must follow the directions in the link provided earlier in the thread. IT policies are pushed to the device by a BES server, and due to security concerns, are not made easy to override or remove.

The only way your device should have an IT policy in place is if you're on your corporate BES server (in which case trying to remove the IT policy may likely render your BB unable to connect to that server, and is likely to get you in trouble with your IT department) or if you purchased a used BlackBerry which has previously had an IT policy pushed to it.

samourai 08-01-2011 03:00 PM

Im not on a BES server, it's'my cel provider (airtel) who didnt know how to manage OS6 at first and set me up with a BES to connect me with internet, which still didnt succeed at first but later it all got fixed but my facebook contacts and calendar couldnt be synced since then! Welcome to africa lol!