BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9700 Series Discussion - Bold 2 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   BOLD 9780 - Unable to unlock keyboard or wake screen after holstering??? help? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=242262)

brandon27 12-24-2010 04:56 PM

BOLD 9780 - Unable to unlock keyboard or wake screen after holstering??? help?

Hey Everyone,

I've been having a small issue lately. I just got my Bold 9780 (replaced my Curve 8330, what a difference! wow!) the other day, and it has happened twice now. I pressed the lock button, put it in the holster, pulled it out, and it woudlnt unlock at all. No matter what I pressed, the screen just stayed black until I pulled the battery. That was the first incident...

The second incident I had, very similar, locked it, put it in the holster, got a phone call, went to pull it out of the holster to answer the call, this time the screen showed me who was calling, but no matter what button I pressed, I couldn't answer, or push the call the voicemail. Nothing I did with the phone would unlock the keypad, not even pressing the unlock button.

It hasn't happened since, but thats twice now, in less than a week that I've had this phone, kinda worried. hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me, as to whether it's something I'm doing wrong, if there's a way around it, or if I should be paying a visit to my retailer again after the christmas holiday?

Any help would be appreciated.

Harrison Leggio 12-30-2010 01:25 PM

Re: BOLD 9780 - Unable to unlock keyboard or wake screen after holstering??? help?

I've had the same issue with my bold 9780. Except ... I only have the issue for a few moments. I hit the unlock button and it doesn't unlock, so I hit it a few more times, and it usually solves it, but if it doesn't, I hold the power off button and it usually wakes the screen up.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

brandon27 12-30-2010 02:31 PM

Re: BOLD 9780 - Unable to unlock keyboard or wake screen after holstering??? help?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrison Leggio (Post 1689469)
I've had the same issue with my bold 9780. Except ... I only have the issue for a few moments. I hit the unlock button and it doesn't unlock, so I hit it a few more times, and it usually solves it, but if it doesn't, I hold the power off button and it usually wakes the screen up.

Interesting. When mine did that, nothing I could do would wake it. Fortunately, in the last week or so, it hasnt happened since. Strange though.

Harrison Leggio 12-30-2010 02:33 PM

Hmm you are running os 6 correct?

brandon27 01-01-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrison Leggio (Post 1689485)
Hmm you are running os 6 correct?

Yes.

6.0 Bundle 863 (v6.0.0.285. Platform 6.5.0.54) according to the info screen.

aiharkness 01-01-2011 03:46 PM

I suspect something you've installed that runs in the background. Is that a possibility? Or did it do this while still stock before you added any third-party apps?

brandon27 01-01-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1690099)
I suspect something you've installed that runs in the background. Is that a possibility? Or did it do this while still stock before you added any third-party apps?

It was still pretty much stock, it was in the first day or two I had it that it really gave me those issues. I may have had a few apps on it, but all that were on it, are still on it today and it hasnt acted up. Still kind of confused by it all. The stuff I would have had on it at the time would have been Score Mobile, TSN mobile, WeatherEye, Yellowpages really.

aiharkness 01-01-2011 07:03 PM

If it were me, I wouldn't worry about it--or at least try not to worry about it. I've had a couple things that happened once or twice and haven't happened again since. Until it breaks for good or else you find a way to repeat it, I don't know what else to do.

Harrison Leggio 01-02-2011 09:27 AM

If you keep having the problem just reinstall the os.