BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Cannot create user after removing same user (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=207004)

alexmetal 10-12-2009 12:06 PM

Cannot create user after removing same user

I'm fairly new to BES and I was setting up a test account on Friday. The device wasn't activating, so I deleted the user from BES using the "Yes - Delete the user and remove the BlackBerry information from the user's mail system " option, because I was going to try a device that I knew had BES activated through the carrier. (turns out the first device indeed was only using BIS not BES)

But now, when I go to create a user using the same email address, it can't find the user. However, if I try to add the user from the company directory, I get the following: "The specified user already exists in the available user list."

So basically, this person exists but they don't exist. The Exchange account is fine, can log in through Outlook, OWA, ActiveSync, etc, but BES just can't add it again. I'm using BES 5.0 running on Server 2003, Exchange 2007 on Server 2008 and the AD environment is on 2008 servers with 2003 compatibility.

nschmidt 10-12-2009 02:19 PM

Same Issue

I'm having the same issue. Haven't been able to try a server reboot yet since it's running other applications.

SBS 2008 / Exchange 2007 / BES 5.0

alexmetal 10-12-2009 05:20 PM

I did a reboot on Friday, waited over the weekend, and rebooted this morning. Still no luck. I've verified that new AD users are being pulled over by refreshing the available user list. So this user is just in limbo some how?

alexmetal 10-12-2009 05:26 PM

Also, if I change the user's default SMTP address, it will add it to the list of available users, however, if I change it back to what it should be, it disappears again.

juwaack68 10-12-2009 06:16 PM

Have you verified that the user's account isn't hidden? I had this happen recently where I had to remove a user and then they weren't available to add again. The Exchange team had to un-hide the account (not sure how it got hidden in the first place) and then I was able to add them on the BES again.

DarkCobra 10-13-2009 01:54 AM

Alexmetal, have you found a solution for it by chance? Things like this are always beneficial to newer BES Admins that come on the forums looking for help.

alexmetal 10-13-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juwaack68 (Post 1487815)
Have you verified that the user's account isn't hidden? I had this happen recently where I had to remove a user and then they weren't available to add again. The Exchange team had to un-hide the account (not sure how it got hidden in the first place) and then I was able to add them on the BES again.

I assume you mean make sure the user isn't hidden from address lists, correct? User is not hidden. I tried hiding then unhiding, and nothing. The strangest thing about all of this is that it doesn't pull the user from the company directory when I search for all available users, but when I try to manually add from the company directory, it says that the user already exists in the available list. That's the strange thing.

So still no solution. Luckily this is a test environment so nobody is down or without anything really right now. Unfortunately the mailbox is not one that I can delete and re-add to Exchange to see if that changes anything. The SMTP bit is weird though. It's like it's just not reading that specific SMTP address..

alexmetal 10-13-2009 10:10 AM

I'm opening a case with RIM on this.. Seems like some sort of bug. And I can't find a KB article on it anywhere. I can find plenty for new AD users not showing up, but new AD users are showing up just fine for me.

RadHaz75 10-13-2009 11:57 AM

when you select a user for deletion, they arent actually deleted right then. they are queued for deletion and then deleted when the command is processed. in bes 4.1 you can see users in pending delete state and manually purge them but im not sure where to do this in bes 5.0 yet.

this sounds like what is happening to you since it says the users already exists.

alexmetal 10-13-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadHaz75 (Post 1488229)
when you select a user for deletion, they arent actually deleted right then. they are queued for deletion and then deleted when the command is processed. in bes 4.1 you can see users in pending delete state and manually purge them but im not sure where to do this in bes 5.0 yet.

this sounds like what is happening to you since it says the users already exists.

Is there anyway to purge that? Or force the deletion to occur right now? It's been 5 days since I actually hit "Delete", shouldn't the command have processed by now? Or is there a set amount of time that it waits?

learnfrommistakes 10-13-2009 06:23 PM

Fix to BES can't re-add a user after deletion

open the BAS,
Select Manage users,
under Search for users, click on "Advanced Search"
Under the "Email criteria" change "Queued removal of BlackBerry Services:"
to "True"
than hit "Search"

this should pull up your Pending Deleted user,
than Click on his name,
it will bring you to another screen,
select a button that says something like "Immediately delete pending user",
than it will give you a message stating a success,
than you should be ready to re-add the user.

*You might have to restart the Service on the BES called "Blackberry MailStore Service"

alexmetal 10-14-2009 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by learnfrommistakes (Post 1488516)
open the BAS,
Select Manage users,
under Search for users, click on "Advanced Search"
Under the "Email criteria" change "Queued removal of BlackBerry Services:"
to "True"
than hit "Search"

this should pull up your Pending Deleted user,
than Click on his name,
it will bring you to another screen,
select a button that says something like "Immediately delete pending user",
than it will give you a message stating a success,
than you should be ready to re-add the user.

*You might have to restart the Service on the BES called "Blackberry MailStore Service"

Excellent. That did it. I didn't have to restart the Mailstore service though. (One of the things I tried first last week)

Is there any reason it keeps the user queued for deletion for so long? Is there any way to change that setting?

Thank you so much for the help! Great first post! (y)

learnfrommistakes 10-14-2009 05:01 PM

Do not know if you can change the time on the deletion of users. I've only had this problem with one user, all other users are removed before I can check to see if they are pending (about 30 seconds).

alexmetal 10-15-2009 10:00 AM

Weird.. Thanks for the help though!

kahmed 01-25-2010 09:52 AM

Hi all,

We seem to be having the same exact issue as above, in that, the user exists but "doesn't".
We have tried the below fix, but unfortunately to no avail.

The Exchange account is fine, can log in through Outlook, OWA etc, but BES just can't add the user in again. We are using BES 5.0.1 running on Server 2008, Exchange 2007 on Server 2008 and the AD environment is on 2008 servers with 2003 compatibility. SQL database is on a seperate server running SQL 2005 on server 2003 SP2.

We also realise BES have removed the SQL job RIMpurgedeletedUsers as of BES 4.6 SP5 - is there anyway of adding this job on manually maybe?

Any guidence to resolving this would be much appriciated,

Kobir

badis 02-04-2010 04:00 PM

Hello everybody , i have exactly the same problem as kahmel.

I cannot see any new created users in my AD.

any help ?

mhulaibi 02-12-2010 03:40 PM

Try using this command sequence to manually initiate the purging of deleted users, so that you can add them again:

-open command prompt
osql -E
1>use BESMgmt
2>select DisplayName from UserConfig
3>go

This will (should) give you an output with all the DisplayName's in your database. Locate the user in question, and then follow the next steps:

-still in the command prompt
1>use BESMgmt
2>delete from UserConfig where DisplayName=xxx8221;name from last stepxxx8221;
3>go

jamieh64 02-26-2010 06:57 PM

mhulaibi, thank you that is exactly what I needed!

-jh

Julien15us 06-02-2010 03:24 AM

Same problem no solution yet

Hello,

I'm having the same problem.
But I can't find the user in the Advanced Search and using
the "osql -E -S SERVERNAME\instance" command I see no displaynames (0 rows affected)

I also rebooted the server and in the osql command tried following:
delete from userconfig where mailboxsmtpaddr=''''
but no luck either

Can anyone help me with this one?

Thanks a lot

miguel_corona 11-24-2010 11:09 AM

Re: Cannot create user after removing same user

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhulaibi (Post 1564331)
Try using this command sequence to manually initiate the purging of deleted users, so that you can add them again:

-open command prompt
osql -E
1>use BESMgmt
2>select DisplayName from UserConfig
3>go

This will (should) give you an output with all the DisplayName's in your database. Locate the user in question, and then follow the next steps:

-still in the command prompt
1>use BESMgmt
2>delete from UserConfig where DisplayName=”name from last step”
3>go

When I do this, I receive the following message:

Could not locate entry in sysdatabases for database "BESMgmt"

Does it mean I don't have a DB named BESMgmt? How can I find the names of the databases I'm using?