BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   iPhone Android & other HandHeld Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   iPhone OS 3.0 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=181169)

fiffer 03-14-2009 12:25 PM

iPhone OS 3.0

From GSMArena.com

A word is out that Apple is now officially inviting representatives of the press to attend their next big announcement event on 17 March. The event will be dedicated to the upcoming iPhone OS 3.0. There's no word of an upcoming mobile phone, but our hopes are high as always.

Apple will display an "advance preview of what they're building", meaning that you probably won't see any working full-fledged iPhone OS 3.0 there (or iPhone 3 anyway). Let's really hope that at least some of the stuff on our wishlist will be answered - and maybe we will even be surprised by some new features.

dankarlinski 03-14-2009 04:48 PM

im curious to see what they are throwing in as well

test54 03-14-2009 06:48 PM

the announcement was made public last week. Its on tuesday and its likely to announce the roadmap for 3.0 so developers can begin work on their apps with the changes. The story also states that 3.0 is likely a few months out.

i think engadget had the story first.

fiffer 03-15-2009 10:26 AM

That's right test, engadget had the story first. I think they always get leaks on this stuff first. :)

wabbit 03-29-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiffer (Post 1320908)
That's right test, engadget had the story first. I think they always get leaks on this stuff first. :)

if you want to know about apple, they are so far ups apples behind that i think they work for apple.

test54 03-29-2009 05:22 PM

apple news is good for all the blogs, it drives traffic. People whether they love or hate apple still want to read about the latest news. So more traffic = more stories, its not hard to figure out.

wabbit 04-06-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by test54 (Post 1336534)
apple news is good for all the blogs, it drives traffic. People whether they love or hate apple still want to read about the latest news. So more traffic = more stories, its not hard to figure out.

i guess i should of stated my previous post differently, they are apple bias.

i like news blogs, but i also like unbiased reviews from blogs.

strike2tamu 04-09-2009 11:09 AM

I am just excited about the possible unlocking of the bluetooth thats in my ipod touch 2g.

wabbit 04-09-2009 01:11 PM

i might use my touch more when 3.0 comes out that i can use bluetooth headphones.

ArgonNJ 04-09-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wabbit (Post 1344206)
i guess i should of stated my previous post differently, they are apple bias.

i like news blogs, but i also like unbiased reviews from blogs.

Just about every blog is biased in some way.

rjw3000 04-19-2009 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wabbit (Post 1336128)
if you want to know about apple, they are so far ups apples behind that i think they work for apple.

Engadget definitely wins the Apple kiss ass award, that's for sure. Good site for news and information though, and the comments are great entertainment.

wabbit 04-19-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjw3000 (Post 1357622)
Engadget definitely wins the Apple kiss ass award, that's for sure. Good site for news and information though, and the comments are great entertainment.

their all same its like a never ending mac vs pc commercial. once you read one you read them all.

for phones i really prefer the boy genius reports. at least their not everything is compared to a blackberry. unlike engadets and comparing everything to an iphone.

i would understand i was reading something like the iphone blog, or something all about macs or like blackberry feeds, yes, but a site that is suppose to bring new devices or whats cumming out i would like a device review not a toss up vs the new device and how inferior it is to a iphone.