BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rants and Raves Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   She scratched my phone! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=169675)

TeritaM 01-09-2009 07:19 PM

She scratched my phone!

So when I got my phone, I couldn't figure out how to get the sim card in properly (rtfm much?) and it got stuck. I took the phone to my local t-mo store, and asked for help.

So the girl who helped me decided to use some sort of straight razor type of device. She got it out, but my phone now has a massive scratch on the back. I hadn't had the phone for two hours and she damaged it.

According to T-Mo, my options now are to purchase a new one or live with the scratch. I'd be wrong to go up to the store and shove this phone down her throat right? But she gets away with making mine look old and beat within two hours of taking it out of the box.

This is going to make me cry.

JSanders 01-09-2009 07:27 PM

Ouch! I think you should talk to the manager there, with the employess present so there is no disagreement as to what happened.

drthvdr 01-09-2009 07:28 PM

They told you you couldnt exchange it, when they caused the damage?

... Um... yea... dont let that fly...

Call customer care and threaten to cancel... They'll bend over backwards for ya...

ndub33 01-09-2009 07:32 PM

JSanders has good advice. Go back to the store, talk to the manager with the employee present.

TeritaM 01-09-2009 07:35 PM

I probably should have done it the day of. I've been pissed and stewing about this all week.

koleary19067 01-09-2009 07:51 PM

Go back to store and talk with manager or call customer care.

TeritaM 01-09-2009 07:55 PM

Customer care says to go talk to the store manager so I'm going to do it in the morning. They're closed by now.

hammondfra 01-09-2009 08:37 PM

That blows man...good luck with getting it fixed and or replaced.

ezrunner 01-09-2009 08:43 PM

Wirelessly posted (hope is everything!)

Absolutely talk with a manager

This is why we aren't supposed to do any kind of work on a phone. If we as reps cause damage ATT is liable

coldconfession13 01-09-2009 10:45 PM

on the back like the battery door. Hell just buy a new battery door.

SteveO86 01-09-2009 11:16 PM

They screwed it up, I'd either talk to a manager or call customer support.. There is reason a employee should treat a customer's property like that damage and so deal with it.. I would have probably cancelled everything on the spot...

It isn't a mattery of the battery door just a matter of repsect and consideration at that point..

rachamphetamine 01-09-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveO86 (Post 1241205)
It isn't a mattery of the battery door just a matter of repsect and consideration at that point..

Agreed, the OP shouldn't have to pay for a replacement of any kind, either.

daphne 01-10-2009 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeritaM (Post 1240983)
Customer care says to go talk to the store manager so I'm going to do it in the morning. They're closed by now.

Let us know what happens. You should get a new one as a replacement and that employee should be written up. I guess she was trying to help, but that was pretty dumb.

ezrunner 01-10-2009 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveO86 (Post 1241205)
They screwed it up, I'd either talk to a manager or call customer support.. There is reason a employee should treat a customer's property like that damage and so deal with it.. I would have probably cancelled everything on the spot...

situations like this is why I have customers sign a release absolving me of any damages before I will even remove a battery door. seems crazy but I have had to pay for a phone once NEVER again. even then ATT frowns upon it as they can stil be held liable

braambo 01-10-2009 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drthvdr (Post 1240954)
They told you you couldnt exchange it, when they caused the damage?

... Um... yea... dont let that fly...

Call customer care and threaten to cancel... They'll bend over backwards for ya...

I'm just prepaid I walked into a AT&T store (then was Cingular) and asked for help, my sim card crapped out..they just toss your phone on the counter flip it open and continue replacing my SIM for me, I mean it was nice they helped me but meanwhile she is scraping my phone screen across the counter not thinking nothing of it...

For sure, call t-mobile and complain, they will usually listen..

TeritaM 01-10-2009 10:50 AM

Welp, I just came from the store. Turns out it was a manager that scratched my phone. Conveniently, she's not there, and the manager on duty can't do anything. In fact he said, "It's just a scratch". I should now go back on Monday when she'll supposedly be in the store and try to get this resolved. Is it me or was that a ridiculous blow off/run around?

I have a mind to box this one up and send it right back to them and call the credit card company. More than one way to skin a cat. Yeah I'm still upset.

rachamphetamine 01-10-2009 12:02 PM

That's ridiculous. I say call T-Mobile customer care again and keep complaining - especially now that it was a manager who did that.

daphne 01-10-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeritaM (Post 1241558)
Welp, I just came from the store. Turns out it was a manager that scratched my phone. Conveniently, she's not there, and the manager on duty can't do anything. In fact he said, "It's just a scratch". I should now go back on Monday when she'll supposedly be in the store and try to get this resolved. Is it me or was that a ridiculous blow off/run around?

I have a mind to box this one up and send it right back to them and call the credit card company. More than one way to skin a cat. Yeah I'm still upset.

I would try going back and talking to the manager. If that doesn't work, then go to plan B -- send it back and call your credit card company. I'd be upset too.

SteveO86 01-10-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daphne (Post 1242176)
I would try going back and talking to the manager. If that doesn't work, then go to plan B -- send it back and call your credit card company. I'd be upset too.

After that last little incident I would do a full return and go with another carrier.... They obviously don't know too much about customer service.. What happens if you run into a real issue can you really expect them to come threw for you?

You spoke to 2 managers who don't seem to give a damn... If I was try and give them one more shot I would call corprate and advise them what's going on....

JSanders 01-10-2009 11:30 PM

What Steve says is true. In the first 30 days of the purchase, they have to take it back, except with a damaged device, SO be sure to return it to the manager who damaged it.