BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Mac Users Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   RIM source says Mac tools are on the way! (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=151864)

bluejacket 09-25-2008 06:16 AM

RIM source says Mac tools are on the way!

RIM source says Mac tools are on the way! - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)

Quote:

CIO.com confirms rumors that I've been hearing for at least six months: RIM is preparing to release native BlackBerry utilities for Mac users. According to CIO.com's source, who requested anonymity, the software tools are being prepped for the first half of 2009.

[...]

Thankfully, not only does it look like native Mac tools are FINALLY going to arrive, future OS updates will be done OTA (over the air), putting an end to this sort of nastiness once and for all. Frankly, I can't wait until I can actually manage my BlackBerry without having to run a virtual machine.
Nice.

catwoman66 09-25-2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluejacket (Post 1113779)

It's about time! (y)

vidmaster99 09-25-2008 04:14 PM

Will it really be any different than what we have now, see this article:
Electronista | RIM to launch BlackBerry software for Mac

Especially this part:
Quote:

It is also uncertain whether RIM itself would develop the software, or hire out a third party company to provide a product, sort of an official take on Missing Sync by Mark/Space.

sprale 09-26-2008 10:51 AM

Might be nice to have Mac BB software that actually works in a corporate environment!

bluejacket 09-26-2008 11:08 AM

Well, I have the Missing Sync bt it would be nice to have the ability to upgrade my OS without vmware.

adorkable 09-26-2008 02:05 PM

I really hope they don't use a third party.

rallanr 09-27-2008 12:26 AM

I agree

I agree - please let this be a from the ground up, full on, and fully supported, fully documented RIM product and not a hack job of trying to pass off one of the current (or other) 3rd party apps.

Of course with my luck it will be an Intel only app and won't work on my PowerPC laptop like the DataPurgeUI utility app that PocketMac includes with v4.1.25 - and which they don't warn you about when you install their software update.

methamp 10-03-2008 08:48 AM

Watch them give us PocketMac Professional Desktop or some bullshit.

If RIM doesn't make a super-sweet native OFFICIAL client, I might have to do something... Like dual boot. :-(

sprale 10-03-2008 08:55 AM

The iPhone is becoming more and more tempting...

daseff 10-14-2008 08:16 PM

Hopefully it's not something like PocketMac... I want to update my OS!
I'll keep my eyes peeled for these so-called "software tools!"

plainbrad 10-15-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluejacket (Post 1113779)
RIM source says Mac tools are on the way! - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)

We can only hope :crossed fingers:

RL1097 10-15-2008 03:04 PM

Need to tether my Curve on my Pro

I am running OSX 10.5.4 and using my Curve 8320 very successfully. Missing Sync was the key, as Pocketmac does not function well at all. The only functionality I need is tethering. The perishablepress.com solution will not work for me.

RIM, I beg you, please provide a toolset for us happy BB users that were smart enough to Go Mac. I do not want to have to go to the IPhone as it is not as versatile for e-mail as my Curve.
:bb:

pkasin 10-15-2008 05:00 PM

Tethering

You should search the forums. I have "tethered" without a USB cable and even with one. I have a MacBook Pro. You can search my nickname, as I know I posted something in that particular forum.

Why connect by USB when you can connect wirelessly via bluetooth?

WFLDEng611 10-16-2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pkasin (Post 1137502)
You should search the forums. I have "tethered" without a USB cable and even with one. I have a MacBook Pro. You can search my nickname, as I know I posted something in that particular forum.

Why connect by USB when you can connect wirelessly via bluetooth?

Because it's way faster using the cable