BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Rants and Raves Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   how do i hate the iphone 3G? let me count the ways... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=140389)

pnd4pnd 07-15-2008 10:12 PM

how do i hate the iphone 3G? let me count the ways...

so being open minded i thought i would give the iphone 3g a try. oh my gosh, i can't stand it! lets point out a few ways...

1. no way to changed the reply address. so if i forward my email to a mail that has push i am out of luck on reply's. seems to be a few solutions out there but they are all hacks. me.com isn't really push except for incoming emails. anything done on the desktop syncs at regular intervals.
2. only holds the last 200 emails! that might last me 2 days worth...
3. searching for a contact... the search window is only at the top of the contact list. if you are in the middle you have to go back to the top to search.
3. html emails are not formatted that great. sure you can expand them but then you have to pan back and forth to read them.
4. email... email on the iphone is ridiculous. any time you look at a mailbox it checks mail? why? why when you have push? this chews up battery like mad. to get into a mailbox is so many touch gestures! then you have to back out to get to another email! oy!
5. outlook sync - categories are lost. a sub contact folder syncs and is transsformed into a group! and no choice not to sync the sub folder.. wow..

i could go on and on but i think rim is pretty safe after this. sure the browser is slick. multi touch is fun till you realize its many more gestures to do the same thing in bb.

for all those about to attack me as a bb fanboy, i was ready to abandon them! it took a good knock over the head to realize how good i had it.

this bad boy goes back tomorrow - pronto!

eric

cakvalasc 07-15-2008 10:16 PM

Iphone = Trendy / Fun / Gimic
BB = Untility / Workhorse / Staple

Horizon Wireless 07-15-2008 10:23 PM

i hate it also. I have been hearing i-phone this, i-phone that. Steve Jobs should by lynched. Ill lead the posse, whos in?

Dawg 07-15-2008 10:51 PM

I take a shift behind the wheel, and will by a meal or two.

BallHawk3 07-15-2008 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon Wireless (Post 1018861)
i hate it also. I have been hearing i-phone this, i-phone that. Steve Jobs should by lynched. Ill lead the posse, whos in?

count me in!

Collin16 07-16-2008 12:03 AM

can i come too?

captthomason 07-16-2008 07:06 AM

I'll bring some spirits!

Sith_Apprentice 07-16-2008 07:13 AM

since this is turning into a rant *moved to rant/raves*

PaulMdx 07-16-2008 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice (Post 1019134)
since this is turning into a rant *moved to rant/raves*

There was me going to ask a serious question.. Seems kind of redundant now. ;-)

I'll try anyway: are there any problems with the "keyboard"?

test54 07-16-2008 08:06 AM

yeah me too...rabble rabble rabble.

dasunst3r 07-17-2008 09:11 PM

I previously had a Windows Mobile-based PDA-phone that was touch screen. Two years of putting up with it has led me to say "Touch screen... never again..."

ArgonNJ 07-18-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasunst3r (Post 1022185)
I previously had a Windows Mobile-based PDA-phone that was touch screen. Two years of putting up with it has led me to say "Touch screen... never again..."

Apples and oranges my friend...Pardon the pun.
WM devices are designed to be used with a stylus and are not very finder friendly. The iphone is truly a touch device. And by the way, I would like to see ANY BB device do as well as the iphone and sell 1 million units in just 2 days. Jobs is a genius, plain and simple.

lraed74 07-18-2008 11:29 AM

So now I'm a little curious, since apple cant muster up the brain power to do cut & paste, I wonder how and IF it will be on the Thunder?

Dawg 07-18-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lraed74 (Post 1023020)
So now I'm a little curious, since apple cant muster up the brain power to do cut & paste, I wonder how and IF it will be on the Thunder?

id bet big on it

NJBlackBerry 07-18-2008 05:12 PM

Hey - I can get my corporate e-mail on it. Full HTML e-mail. Browser rocks. So I can't get tasks or notes (CIO says "that's a killer"). Why do I have one? Because I can. It is the best iPod out there with a phone :-)

rogurl 07-18-2008 06:49 PM

I wasn't willing to replace a customer's blackberry 8700 so he demanded that I connect him to someone that would give him a deal on the iPhone.

UGH, I'm so glad I found out the iPhone battery can't be replaced, that made me hug my pearl more.

PaulMdx 07-19-2008 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgonNJ (Post 1023006)
And by the way, I would like to see ANY BB device do as well as the iphone and sell 1 million units in just 2 days. Jobs is a genius, plain and simple.

Again, apples and oranges. RIM primarily sell business devices so they're never going to have the big splash that Apple does. Admittedly the Apple marketing machine is a powerful one; I wouldn't call Jobs a genius however.

ArgonNJ 07-19-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMdx (Post 1023950)
I wouldn't call Jobs a genius however.

He took Apple from the verge of collapse and turned it into one of the most important companies of the last decade. I'd call that genius.

NJBlackBerry 07-19-2008 10:06 AM

He is absolutely a genius. Best marketer of the century. By far. Takes products with standard capabilities, sexes them up, and sells them. And people love them. Why? I have no idea. Perhaps they just like style or substance.

And so it goes with the iPhone 3G.

joaquin654 07-19-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horizon Wireless (Post 1018861)

wish i would've heard this a week ago when i stood in line for 3 hours just to return the iphone about 3 days later !

:shock: