BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Accelerometer should be disabled (option) (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=160931)

adamsbrian74 11-22-2008 06:00 PM

Accelerometer should be disabled (option)

Am I alone or should there be an option to disable the accelerometer totally? I would love to see an option to fully disable it and then assign the screen flip to one of the left or right application buttons. That way I have control of when the screen flips. I'm already sick of this thing lagging, flipping when it's in locked mode (which is just ridiculous, why flip if it's locked, makes no sense).

That and the fact they still have yet to give us reminder options in the profiles for SMS/VoiceMail/etc....and allow us to choose different LED colors for SMS/VoiceMail/etc...

I can live without the reminder alerts, and LED colors, but the Accelerometer needs some serious work.

All in all not bad for a pushed release, but still got quite a few quirks to line out.

Kcorbett 11-22-2008 06:53 PM

The accelerometer definitely needs some help. It gets pretty slow sometimes, but sometimes it's fine. Hopefully to be fixed w/ update.

Jonilee Herger 11-24-2008 09:53 AM

The button suggestion is a good one. I am "learning" how to use the accelerometer. I like the feature, but it needs some tuning.

adamsbrian74 11-24-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonilee Herger (Post 1180791)
The button suggestion is a good one. I am "learning" how to use the accelerometer. I like the feature, but it needs some tuning.

I agree that it is a needed feature for some, but for me I would love to turn the "auto" mode off totally and control it by a hard key.

If they are going to insist that it be "automatic" then they really need to set it for a larger angle. I lay in bed sometimes on my side and read or surf and the slightest change in angle will flip the screen. It's way too sensitive.

qc_metal 11-24-2008 11:12 AM

Agreed. Or perhaps a corner 'hot zone' you can click a couple times to get it to switch (like the black area below the screen in portrait mode).

PMurray633 11-25-2008 09:32 AM

I couldn't agree more, I am having issues with mine lagging severely. Especially when I am talking on the phone and I go to put it down, it will jump to full keyboard mode, and be so darn sluggish to go back to normal...

drakkenkorin 11-25-2008 11:07 PM

My biggest pet peeve with the accelerometer is that it is quick to change to "landscape" mode.

But it takes it a couple of seconds to switch back to "portrait" mode.

Gets a bit annoying.

dkmadrid 11-26-2008 03:54 PM

Overall my accelerometer experience has been pretty good, but I do have some small troubles when I'm laying down or something like that. But I would agree, having the option to manage it through a button would be nice.

strogonowski 11-26-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkmadrid (Post 1184859)
Overall my accelerometer experience has been pretty good, but I do have some small troubles when I'm laying down or something like that. But I would agree, having the option to manage it through a button would be nice.

Agreed. They should include manual option in the next firmware release. That's my only issue with the unit.

davidlleroy 11-26-2008 08:38 PM

Agreed...