BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   RIM Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   BB 8520 - Issues with updating OS on enterprise serrver (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=262213)

laradutta 10-31-2012 03:00 AM

BB 8520 - Issues with updating OS on enterprise serrver

Hello,

I have a BB 8520 and I am connected to the company's enterprise server. My phone has become very very slow and has issues with showing emails properly as well. I tried updating the software but was told that the enterprise server related stuff has to be done by the company's IT dept. unfortunately the local IT guys arent too aware about what to do.

how do I 1) update the OS to whatever is the latest available 2) resolve the issue with my emails - it basically keeps showing emails as unread even though I have read them etc.

Thanks.

laradutta 10-31-2012 04:18 AM

Re: BB 8520 - Issues with updating OS on enterprise serrver

handset please.

laradutta 10-31-2012 10:35 AM

Hello, thanks for this. I ran the entire process and had the device's stuff backed up and restored. It also showed me the 'your os has been updated' notification. My OS in the options/about - hasn't changed! And the device doesnt seem to have gotten any quicker. what do i now do?

laradutta 10-31-2012 10:37 AM

oh! that might be because for my 8520 only version 5 of the OS is available? Can i use the 7.1 or 6 on my 8520 handset?

laradutta 10-31-2012 10:41 AM

also what the issue really is for me at the moment - i am showing 14 unread emails at my work email id at my cell - but there arent any unread emails! I have read them all. This makes things confusing. Also the internet browser is still very slow.

Motorcycle Mama 10-31-2012 10:52 AM

There's no device OS 6 or 7 or 7.1 for the 8520.

Nothing that you do will likely make that particular device "faster". It is an entry level device that does not have very much memory and does not have a high-powered processor.

laradutta 10-31-2012 11:02 AM

yep thanks. I lost my 9900 and then didnt want to spend a lot of money so this one :( shoot. and i like blackberry to be honest. ah hell.

then to come back to this thing where my email thing keeps showing i have 14 unread emails where i dont have any! any ideas on whats up with that

Motorcycle Mama 10-31-2012 04:44 PM

You should contact your BES Administrator about the email issue.

alihassn 04-21-2013 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laradutta (Post 1791026)
Hello,

I have a BB 8520 and I am connected to the company's enterprise server. My phone has become very very slow and has issues with showing emails properly as well. I tried updating the software but was told that the enterprise server related stuff has to be done by the company's IT dept. unfortunately the local IT guys arent too aware about what to do.

how do I 1) update the OS to whatever is the latest available 2) resolve the issue with my emails - it basically keeps showing emails as unread even though I have read them etc.

Thanks.

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile