BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9600 Series Discussion - Tour (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   List of problems For the Tour (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=196942)

xxDruMMer BoYxx 07-13-2009 08:58 PM

List of problems For the Tour

I'm getting my Tour on Wednesday and been seeing a lot of different threads of different problems with the Tour. Can someone just put a list of problems being noted by Tour users cuz man, too many threads to go through and some are just duplicated problems put in different terms.

DC-WiFi.com 07-13-2009 09:07 PM

-Battery very weak... after 9 hours with little-moderate use, 100% dead.
-Somewhat sluggish
-Loaded with crappy apps
-Only 1 beep for alerts

xxDruMMer BoYxx 07-13-2009 09:42 PM

What I'm getting is it can't possibly worse than the Storm. But keep the list coming guys!

Jason Mark 07-13-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC-WiFi.com (Post 1427527)
-Somewhat sluggish
-Loaded with crappy apps
-Only 1 beep for alerts

The battery is actually pretty good. Maybe you have defective one. As for it being sluggish, haven't had that problem. You can also delete any "crappy apps" you want off of the phone. And for the 1 beep, go into profiles and change the setting. You can have it beep once, twice or three times if you like.

Joe1004 07-13-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Mark (Post 1427554)
The battery is actually pretty good. Maybe you have defective one. As for it being sluggish, haven't had that problem. You can also delete any "crappy apps" you want off of the phone. And for the 1 beep, go into profiles and change the setting. You can have it beep once, twice or three times if you like.

I cleaned up everything I didn't want. I don't like the stupid service book links to facebook and all that crap, but hey, at least it wasn't installed already!

As for profiles, If you can change that value so you can have more than one beep, then you must have a different OS version than us OR everyone here has missed it. I want that back. I simply isn't there.

Jason Mark 07-13-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe1004 (Post 1427561)
I cleaned up everything I didn't want. I don't like the stupid service book links to facebook and all that crap, but hey, at least it wasn't installed already!

As for profiles, If you can change that value so you can have more than one beep, then you must have a different OS version than us OR everyone here has missed it. I want that back. I simply isn't there.

Ha. Sorry mate, I forgot about that. I do happen to be using a different version. I apologize for any confusion.

xxDruMMer BoYxx 07-14-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Mark (Post 1427576)
Ha. Sorry mate, I forgot about that. I do happen to be using a different version. I apologize for any confusion.

What version do you have?

lostman72 07-14-2009 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC-WiFi.com (Post 1427527)
-Somewhat sluggish
-Loaded with crappy apps
-Only 1 beep for alerts

Sometimes your battery will need about 3 to 5 charges before it work 100%. I would leave it on the charger all night and you should start to see improvement after that.

michael12005 07-14-2009 04:57 AM

Best BlackBerry I have ever owned. No issues at all. I too wish it beeped 3 times when an email comes in but on the other hand the tone is MUCH LOUDER than on my 8830.

complexx 07-14-2009 07:57 AM

I'm enjoying this device very much so far. My main complaint for my Curve was the sluggish responsivness after some memory had been consumed. Let's see if this one does the same thing.

jsntrenkler 07-14-2009 11:44 AM

I have really had no issues other than the wobbly battery door. The device so far appears to be the best Blackberry that I have ever owned.

zerog46 07-14-2009 12:07 PM

I can tell you what works good is downloading video's from emails.

jlmemt 07-14-2009 12:38 PM

Go to options, ring tones/alerts, messages. There you can adjust the ring tone for the alert, the volume, vibration, etc. If you change vibration to custom you can set the length of vibration and the number of them along with in holster, always, etc.

Has anyone else had trouble getting HTML email to work? I am not getting any pictures in emails, even though HTML is turned on. There is no option to download pics in the email like there was on the curve.

michael12005 07-14-2009 01:14 PM

I am unable to get the unit to vibrate and also unable to pick my tone alert for incoming email, even though it vibrates when there is an incoming phone call.

kurichan 07-14-2009 03:13 PM

Zero issues except getting the trackball set up to match my preferences - I think I have it now.

A little sluggish at first (aren't all BB's?), but seems to be getting faster...

trunks 07-14-2009 03:47 PM

This device kind of Sucks compaired to to the Bold

1. It is at least 25% slower then the Bold.
2. It is missing WIFI.
3. Verizon appears to have Crippled GPS on this phone (WTF??) GPS is not working in Blackberry Maps or Google Maps. Don't they relieve how many app world applications utilize these features?
4. It has supports fewer codecs.
5. It is loaded up with VZW Crapware. (Even windows stopped doing this)

These guys release their phone 10+ months after the bold... and is sucks compared to it.

zerog46 07-14-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trunks (Post 1428175)
1. It is at least 25% slower then the Bold.
2. It is missing WIFI.
3. Verizon appears to have Crippled GPS on this phone (WTF??) GPS is not working in Blackberry Maps or Google Maps. Don't they relieve how many app world applications utilize these features?
4. It has supports fewer codecs.
5. It is loaded up with VZW Crapware. (Even windows stopped doing this)

These guys release their phone 10+ months after the bold... and is sucks compared to it.

Do you even have this BB. Gps works on mine with BBM, Google Maps, Poynt and so on. It will have a version with WIFI. No kidding it's suppots fewer apps it's brand new. Delete the stuff you don't want. Every one puts apps on their phones these days.

agtprvctr 07-14-2009 04:08 PM

#1 problem for me - muffled voice quality, you sound muffled to other people and they sound muffled to you. You can boost the treble during the call by hitting menu and enhance audio but it is still not as good as say the 8830. It is definitely a noticeable step down from the older blackberries in this aspect. The Storm has this problem as well. It's really sad as Verizon has this kickass network yet you're crippled by sh*tty hardware; I guess times are tough so RIM decided it was time to start cutting corners, unfortunately this is NEVER something you should cut corners on for something that's supposed to be a PHONE, ugh this makes me upset.

xxDruMMer BoYxx 07-14-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agtprvctr (Post 1428187)
#1 problem for me - muffled voice quality, you sound muffled to other people and they sound muffled to you. You can boost the treble during the call by hitting menu and enhance audio but it is still not as good as say the 8830. It is definitely a noticeable step down from the older blackberries in this aspect. The Storm has this problem as well. It's really sad as Verizon has this kickass network yet you're crippled by sh*tty hardware; I guess times are tough so RIM decided it was time to start cutting corners, unfortunately this is NEVER something you should cut corners on for something that's supposed to be a PHONE, ugh this makes me upset.

Upset much? Shesh...u can return the phone too....or have patience as the first batch of phones always have its little quirks....

kurichan 07-14-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerog46 (Post 1428182)
Do you even have this BB. Gps works on mine with BBM, Google Maps, Poynt and so on. It will have a version with WIFI. No kidding it's suppots fewer apps it's brand new. Delete the stuff you don't want. Every one puts apps on their phones these days.

Wow - great restraint, perhaps even a bit too gentle...