BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Mac Users Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   think'n about a mac (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=65203)

jorv88 02-15-2007 02:08 PM

think'n about a mac

so im think'n about a mac. my p.c is get'n very slow and i heard that macs are great with speed. but just how easy is useing my pearl with a mac:bb:

nexteli836man 02-15-2007 02:12 PM

once you go MAC you never go back ...as far as 8100 and the mac works for me most of the time but i don't sync it much they need to work on there progran and putting app's on it from mac for get it for now ota is the best way

dgray8 02-15-2007 02:38 PM

PocketMac is the program you would use on a Mac....it doesn't have an app loader yet but it has all the other programs found in Desktop Manager....so like the previous user said loading programs OTA is the best way when using a Mac....

and there are lots of good macs out there :) I should know I'm a Mac user myself.

VanillaEps 02-15-2007 02:39 PM

I echo the same sentiments. A mac is a wonderful device. Its geared towards personal computing and development. Great program to create sites, blogs, photocasts, sharing calendars, and productivity. The user interface is easy and intuitive. The graphics are stunning. Everyone that has laid eyes and used my Mac has given me praise and has wanted one for themselves. Besides, I can run XP through Bootcamp if I really needed to.

dgray8 02-15-2007 02:44 PM

yeah I plan to run Windows (of some sort) through some program once I have a Mac laptop (want an older one so I can run all sorts of classic games....so maybe virtual pc for the few programs that need windows) got an eMac right now (not very portable).

jorv88 02-15-2007 03:10 PM

so what r the biggest problems with mac+bb=

VanillaEps 02-15-2007 04:21 PM

Only problem is that PocketMac does not contain an Application Loader for the BB. You'd need access to a PC that has DM to load applications.

dgray8 02-15-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanillaEps
Only problem is that PocketMac does not contain an Application Loader for the BB. You'd need access to a PC that has DM to load applications.

unless there is an OTA option....or excessing the link through BB Browser...but that is a given.

WashingtonEsquire 02-15-2007 06:13 PM

As a fellow Mac user, I would highly recommend a BES hosting service if you were to go with a Mac. You don't have to bother with PocketMac or worry about cables. Everything syncs wirelessly. It will cost you around $18/month.

LunkHead 02-15-2007 06:59 PM

Shameless Linux plug..... Get a stock PC and put Linux on it :)

Mac and windows are one in the same to me..... Once they got you, they got you with the proprietary software ect....

Sorry, my avatar made me do it! Flame him :)

mr_kitty 02-15-2007 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunkHead

Mac and windows are one in the same to me..... Once they got you, they got you with the proprietary software ect....

Or get a mac and run your linux apps AND your windows apps with parallels.

Seattle18 02-15-2007 09:38 PM

Just got my new Mac yesterday - and I am a very happy camper!!! I also have the Pearl, and with PocketMac it works fine.

GrayPenguin 02-16-2007 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LunkHead

at least OS X is based on Darwin