BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Software (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Signal Location utility for Blackberry BETA... (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=142672)

Iare Tosevite 07-31-2008 08:46 PM

Oh yeah! One other thing is that it keeps saying that I'm roaming for some reason, even when I don't have that blue arrow.

RemyJ 07-31-2008 09:18 PM

--- SignalLocBB - Build 0.1.722 - Released July 31 2008

* Fixed: [ 2034523 ] Font size changes aren't working

Don't forget to clear your browser cache before downloading.

RemyJ 07-31-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iare Tosevite (Post 1041336)
Oh yeah! One other thing is that it keeps saying that I'm roaming for some reason, even when I don't have that blue arrow.

The roaming indicator in SignalLoc comes directly from the RadioInfo.getNetworkService() api. It's possible that some other RIM code is interpreting it in combination with other information and deciding that the handset really isn't roaming. What's the SID-NID-BID for the cell site? You can look it up and see who the real owner is.

WillJitsu 07-31-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RemyJ (Post 1041224)
Assuming you have an 8830 then with Sprint, you get cell tower information including it's location.

Does it have to be an 8830? I have an 8130 with Sprint.

RemyJ 08-01-2008 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillJitsu (Post 1041497)
Does it have to be an 8830? I have an 8130 with Sprint.

Sorry, an 8130 should work fine.

tbhuang2 08-01-2008 02:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I installed Build 0.1.722 before taking a short trip tonight. I have Automatically save new cell sites and Carrier provides cell site location both enabled. All other options are at default values.
First, I don't know if this matters or not but for my location it said GPS Unassisted (it is currently set at default value, i.e. Assisted).
Second, the file export worked but I still had to manually type the .kml extension on my computer.
Third, the location for every cell tower is still in the Atlantic Ocean, south of Ghana. Again, I'm in a suburb north of Chicago, IL.
I never saved My Location, but my location's coordinates seemed to be similar to the cell towers (so I suppose it would also say that I am in the Atlantic Ocean). Again, my results are attached.
On the plus side, it monitored my speeds very accurately, and the distance to the current tower seemed to coincide with my signal (as my distance increased, signal generally weakened until reaching a new cell tower).

RemyJ 08-01-2008 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbhuang2 (Post 1041668)
I installed Build 0.1.722 before taking a short trip tonight. I have Automatically save new cell sites and Carrier provides cell site location both enabled. All other options are at default values.
First, I don't know if this matters or not but for my location it said GPS Unassisted (it is currently set at default value, i.e. Assisted).
Second, the file export worked but I still had to manually type the .kml extension on my computer.
Third, the location for every cell tower is still in the Atlantic Ocean, south of Ghana. Again, I'm in a suburb north of Chicago, IL.
I never saved My Location, but my location's coordinates seemed to be similar to the cell towers (so I suppose it would also say that I am in the Atlantic Ocean). Again, my results are attached.
On the plus side, it monitored my speeds very accurately, and the distance to the current tower seemed to coincide with my signal (as my distance increased, signal generally weakened until reaching a new cell tower).

The Assisted/Unassisted thing doesn't matter. With the latest change to the GPS acquisition code, the option doesn't do anything. I'm going to remove it in the next release.

The export doesn't automatically add the file extension so are you typing the file extension when you save the file and it's not saving it that way?

I think I figured out the issue with the cell sites showing at coordinates 0.0,0.0.

Expect another release later today.

neftv 08-01-2008 09:48 AM

I too loaded the software last night. It must of been the older version because when I put the font size to 24 then a restarted the application I kept getting error and I had to do a soft boot on my phone. I will get the new version now.

tbhuang2 08-01-2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RemyJ (Post 1041901)
The export doesn't automatically add the file extension so are you typing the file extension when you save the file and it's not saving it that way?

I don't type the file extension when exporting to file. I add the extension after transferring the extension-less file to my PC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RemyJ (Post 1041901)
Expect another release later today.

Awesome!! :)

RemyJ 08-01-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbhuang2 (Post 1042105)
I don't type the file extension when exporting to file. I add the extension after transferring the extension-less file to my PC.

Are you looking for me to automatically add the extension?

neftv 08-01-2008 12:14 PM

I downloaded version from your first post. I see it as 0.1.722 in application listing in my BB. I had changed the font to 24 before and now when I load this on I still have a pop up error message and my phone stalls every few second when I move the mouse. Help?

Added...I am uninstalling.

RemyJ 08-01-2008 12:28 PM

What's the error message in the pop-up?

Also, if you delete the application (Options->Advanced->Applications) it'll delete the settings and allow you to start fresh.

neftv 08-01-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RemyJ (Post 1042154)
What's the error message in the pop-up?

Also, if you delete the application (Options->Advanced->Applications) it'll delete the settings and allow you to start fresh.

I uninstalled as you said and reinstalled. I have the same pop up message it say
worker location java.lang.illegalstate Exception US engine accessed without holding the event lock Now I cant ok out of it. Its froze. I have to hit the hangup key to go and uninstall it again.

RemyJ 08-01-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neftv (Post 1042191)
I uninstalled as you said and reinstalled. I have the same pop up message it say
worker location java.lang.illegalstate Exception US engine accessed without holding the event lock Now I cant ok out of it. Its froze. I have to hit the hangup key to go and uninstall it again.

OK, I'm looking at it.

RemyJ 08-01-2008 07:54 PM

--- SignalLocBB - Build 0.1.726 - Released August 1 2008

* Fixed: [ 2035268 ] Possible exception before entering event loop
* Fixed: [ 2035114 ] CellSite exports to KML aren't saving lat/lon
* Added: [ 2035116 ] Allow GoogleMaps to be used as the map display

You can now use Google Maps as your mapping program (set in Options) but I still haven't figured out how to pass multiple locations at a time, so you can use it for single location or cell site displays but the "display all..." option still invokes BlackBerry Maps.

Don't forget to clear your browser cache before downloading.

RemyJ 08-01-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neftv (Post 1042191)

Give version 726 a shot and see if it fixes your problem. I think it will.

cody 08-01-2008 08:34 PM

Nice work RemyJ.

nice little app. (y)

mike2160 08-01-2008 08:34 PM

use

what do people use this for?:bb::idea:

don.new 08-01-2008 09:08 PM

I'm getting my location showing in Africa on G Maps and I read the above posts and still can't fix it. Could you please suggest some settings which I might have wrong under Options?

Also sometimes when exiting the app I get APP ERROR 523 RESET and click to reboot. Help!

Thanks

RemyJ 08-01-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by don.new (Post 1042798)
I'm getting my location showing in Africa on G Maps and I read the above posts and still can't fix it. Could you please suggest some settings which I might have wrong under Options?

Also sometimes when exiting the app I get APP ERROR 523 RESET and click to reboot. Help!

Thanks

I'm not seeing this on any of my devices. What OS version are you running? Do you have the "Carrier provides cell site location" option turned on? Do the you see the same problem with BlackBerry Maps?

As for the 523, I don't have a clue. I've never seen it or even heard of it before. When the device comes back up, can you look at the log and see if there are any relevent entries? Also, is this the first time you've seen that error?