BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   iPhone Android & other HandHeld Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Will you move away from BlackBerry? (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=238814)

Erbus 05-24-2011 03:34 AM

Re: Will you move away from BlackBerry?

i have a question, since i got Blackberry only few days ago and i dno who to ask this question... i need hlp... when i recharge my BB my screen shows clock and my keyboard is lighting on, and so all night long. how can i turn it off like normal phones... after few seconds... i tryed evertyhing and cant find .... (sry for my english) thx a lot. :-( and my keybord wont automaticly lock.... ??

deril 05-24-2011 07:17 AM

Not yet. Though there are a few tempting phones in the market but I'll stick to BB for now atleast.

pcerio 05-24-2011 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erbus (Post 1723368)
i have a question, since i got Blackberry only few days ago and i dno who to ask this question... i need hlp... when i recharge my BB my screen shows clock and my keyboard is lighting on, and so all night long. how can i turn it off like normal phones... after few seconds... i tryed evertyhing and cant find .... (sry for my english) thx a lot. :-( and my keybord wont automaticly lock.... ??

Wrong thread for this

Maryszhita 05-24-2011 04:19 PM

i really loved blackberry since last summer....!!! i know it might sound ridiculous and whatever.. one of my good friends lend it to me while we were away on a summer trip, i was very happy to have "access" to the world while we were away... now the thing is i own one and sometimes i do regret having it! i still have faith, dont get me wrong, i know technology its like people, theres always something wrong which i totally understand! but when you changed your phone 3 times in 1 year something must be crazily wrong!!! i loved my bold 9700... but something happen and it died, was disappointed with my 2ND bold9700 and now currently living a hell with my torch... if it wasnt because i find it handy to be in touch with my family and friends in other countries, id switch to an iphone... my brother has one and so far no problems at all!

misterbulldog 05-25-2011 03:30 PM

I have a personal BB and a work BB. For a business device, nobody does it better, at this time. It's all a matter of what you expect out of a device and finding the right one for you. Mainly for me it is email, texting, some Facebook and Weatherbug.

JJBauman 05-25-2011 05:47 PM

This is an email I tried to send to RIM higher-ups. It didn't get delivered because I don't have a support contract. The points in the email make it clear why I decided to leave BB.
----------------------------------------
To whoever reads this (and I hope that includes Mr. Yach and Mr. Heins),

I updated the OS on my BB Bold 9700 on receipt of a broadcast email from RIM. The update caused me to lose connectivity with the Desktop Manager and I have spent no less than 15 hours trying to chase down a solution. I have read all available help files from RIM and from countless other users who've had the same problem and the same frustrations. I have done uninstalls and reinstalls of the software and the drivers, pulled batteries, rebooted dozens and dozens of times, and keep getting the message from Vista that it cannot recognize the USB drivers you make available.

It appears from the record that these problems with your USB drivers go back all the way to 2007 in one form or another. My particular problem has not only defeated me, but it appears to have also defeated many experts on the user's forum. You've had systems knowledgeable people saying that your programmers have turned out a junk product and they don't know how to correct it.

The issue of buggy software aside, the larger issue to me is that you seem to let this problem persist and are doing nothing but relying on your user base to trial-and-error its way to a solution. Except the solution is not there; there are only reasonable guesses to what might work, and none of the guesses do work. I cannot see from any of the email trails any helpful information from your support staff. Indeed, it's not even evident from your web site that you have a support staff at all. There is no contact information, other than an unhelpful form to email to some unspecified staff with a 24 hour turnaround. And there is no phone support. This is not a service. It is a disservice.

I can face the consequences for breaking hardware and software when I do it myself, but I find it highly objectionable to be punished for the damaged goods that a technology company foists off on me. As much as I've liked the BB when it worked, my eroded confidence says it would not be a good idea to stick with your product line any longer.

touritalo 05-25-2011 06:02 PM

I have tried them all, and the one I like the most is the BlackBerry. I really don't see myself changing after I have been through them all!

BigA 05-26-2011 11:02 PM

March 3, 2011 RIM stock = $68.45

May 26, 2011 RIM stock = #43.57

Rim has lost over a 1/3rd of their stock value in less than 3mo. Guess what the writing is on the wall. RIM has lost it. The only hope is that more business customers don't migrate over to other platforms. RIM is not the only one with a great messaging, device security and applications. Get over it Rim is done. Current consumer users will realize that their devices are too buggy and quality sucks. Not only that they will have to pay full price for another device because their BB couldn't last the full 20mo to upgrade to a new device.

active000 05-27-2011 04:04 AM

I'll check it out;

Iare Tosevite 05-27-2011 01:46 PM

Even if I didn't know RIM issues, this forum has evidence of users moving away from RIM devices. Notice how quiet this forum is lately? I remember when not checking this site for a single day will cause unread posts to fill entire list, and probably second page too!

rambo47 05-27-2011 05:26 PM

Vagaries of the stock market aside, RIM isn't going anywhere. They'll be making BlackBerrys for another decade at least, and probably longer. The stock price is based largely on growth, not a stable customer base. They're growing slower than Android and iOS, but they're not contracting.

touritalo 05-28-2011 05:04 PM

I really cannot believe that the BlackBerry platform is just going to disappear! I am in London and every single day I see more BlackBerries (particularly the Curve 8520) around than any other phone.

This is just a one person view but I wouldn't say I see more iPhones or Android devices to be honest. I see loads of people with the Torch and I know many who jumped over from the iPhone!

I know that is just a simple view but it's my opinion of what I see a lot.

I think if RIM could improve the quality (not going to pretend otherwise, but some of the BB's aren't really up to scratch. I blame poor QC) and still keep a competative price, they would still have a strong position in the market. I think eventually the iPhone will struggle to grow anymore as firstly - £510 for a phone? Is there anyone who actually thinks that represents value for money...? And secondly, £35 a month contract and I have to pay for the handset?! No way!

Android will always be bigger in market share as you can get a cheapo Android phone now and as there is just so many - it is always going to be the winner. But what I think RIM should aim for is aggressive marketing and a price war to undercut Apple to overtake the share they have.

Keep the phones coming RIM!

Iare Tosevite 05-29-2011 12:59 PM

Yeah businesses will always trust RIM it seems. RIM devices is far more secure for government use, for example.

brandonaybar 05-31-2011 03:03 PM

I love my Black-Berry. :bb: As of now, I have no plans to get an I-Phone or a DROID. Never say never, I guess ... :?

brandonaybar 05-31-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigA (Post 1723902)
March 3, 2011 RIM stock = $68.45

May 26, 2011 RIM stock = #43.57

Rim has lost over a 1/3rd of their stock value in less than 3mo. Guess what the writing is on the wall. RIM has lost it. The only hope is that more business customers don't migrate over to other platforms. RIM is not the only one with a great messaging, device security and applications. Get over it Rim is done. Current consumer users will realize that their devices are too buggy and quality sucks. Not only that they will have to pay full price for another device because their BB couldn't last the full 20mo to upgrade to a new device.

Not to mention that you can hardly find any accessories, particularly cases, for BB's at the retail establishments (shopping mall, Best Buy, accessory kiosks, etc).

brandonaybar 05-31-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maryszhita (Post 1723487)
i really loved blackberry since last summer....!!! i know it might sound ridiculous and whatever.. one of my good friends lend it to me while we were away on a summer trip, i was very happy to have "access" to the world while we were away... now the thing is i own one and sometimes i do regret having it! i still have faith, dont get me wrong, i know technology its like people, theres always something wrong which i totally understand! but when you changed your phone 3 times in 1 year something must be crazily wrong!!! i loved my bold 9700... but something happen and it died, was disappointed with my 2ND bold9700 and now currently living a hell with my torch... if it wasnt because i find it handy to be in touch with my family and friends in other countries, id switch to an iphone... my brother has one and so far no problems at all!

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

brandonaybar 05-31-2011 09:56 PM

Wow, what a horrible mystery. I wonder why this has happened to you. Did either your carrier or RIM provide reasons or replacements? Why did you continue to use BlackBerry devices? I really and truly hope - for you and for everyone else in the BlackBerry Community- that these issues get resolved; otherwise, RIM really will "fade to black". I really like my Curve 9330, and I sure as heck hope that I get to use it for at least 2 years (perhaps longer).
Good luck!

atuuld 06-01-2011 06:10 AM

i like bb bt many simple functions r missing from the phone & from its OFFICIAL software. v cannot DIRECTLY send, recieve & delete sms from the dm software when connected to pc, which other phone companies have as a BASIC thing.

wont it look cool 2 c ur sms, bbm chat & all in a explorer kinda window. easy 2 look & delete stuff when connected 2 ur pc.

RIM should consider this thing in future.

ifonline 06-01-2011 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atuuld (Post 1724712)
wont it look cool 2 c ur sms, bbm chat & all in a explorer kinda window. easy 2 look & delete stuff when connected 2 ur pc.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you are probably not in the target market for a BlackBerry phone.

dkf747 06-02-2011 09:32 AM

I took my technophobic friend shopping for a smartphone. I showed him the iPhone, several Android phones, and Blackberry. The iPhone was really tempting, but the cost was not. He got a BB! It had the combination of features and cost that worked for him. I did not sell him on getting the BB. In fact I probably pushed harder for the iPhone. He made the choice himself. After doing this, I, myself, found that I still like the BB better and hope when it's my turn to get a new phone it will be the BB (*depends on what RIM offers at that time). (been using BB since 2005)

BigA 06-06-2011 02:47 AM

I was at my local Verizon store today. I ask a few sales people on how many Blackberries they sold in the last month. 2 laughed their a$$ off and one said he replaced a broken curve. But for those who are still holding out hope that Blackberry still is the best platform, just let the stock holders know that denial will win the war in the end.

BigA 06-06-2011 02:56 AM

Report: Federal Government Employees Ditching Blackberries
DailyTech - Report: Federal Government Employees Ditching Blackberries

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...H_story_2.html

xxx8220;The best way I can describe BlackBerry is as a one-trick pony,xxx8221; said Charlie Wolf, an analyst for Needham & Co.

A_Zimbo 06-08-2011 11:26 AM

The build quality of the Torch has me worried that Blackberry are no longer the quality item they once used to be. My Torch cost me three times as much as the old Bold I had (I had a Bold2 in between) and yet I have had three in the space of 3 months because of faults on them. The first one turned up with all the keyboard keys in the wrong place. I mean, come on! How in the hell can you flog me a phone at 300% more than the 1st Blackberry I ever had (Both part of a contract) and then ship junk like that. Since then I have had the touch screen go dead and keys pack up.

I am considering moving not because the device is not competitive but because they are built badly and RIM don't seem to have a handle on it. Christ! They don't even admit to it.

P.S. The Bold 2 I ad in the middle there also had a faulty keyboard but was never as big a pain the backside as these three Torch units have been. I am now 4500 miles from home and gone back to using my Bold 2 and wait until I get home to send the third Torch back for repair. Pathetic.

alphasports 06-08-2011 06:30 PM

I am admittedly spoiled (or am too weak to just deal with one phone): I have BBs (right now 9100 for size & 9800 for useability), a Playbook, an iPhone 4, and an iPad to top it all off. I end up flipping back n forth several times a month, because after awhile the IP4's infuriating little quirks, not to mention the unuseable email client (native app as well as the frustrating Google Apps app), drive me back to BB where I blissfully remain in messaging heaven until it's other annoying quirks drive me back down to Cupertino. And on and on it goes...!

Got rid of the Playbook 2 days ago but it now looks like it's coming back due to buyer's remorse, so I'll load the new firmware on it for laughs and try again. The iPad is now pissing me off because all of a sudden it simply won't pair with my IP so I can't tether it.

Looks like I'm heading into another BB cycle!

Cheers

barbarianthemadserb 06-13-2011 08:54 AM

BB for ever! FIrst of all, I am a phone/techno junkie. My first BB was an 8320 and then I upgraded to a bb9700. Then along came all the hoopla about the new Android phones so I got (that is fell for the marketting hype) an Epic 4G (put my B9700 into my drawer) and also a NexusS. Played with both for a while before I started to miss my BB9700. So I re-comissioned my bb9700 (dang did I miss that phone). I now have both the NexusS and my BB9700 commissioned with TMO. The Epic is de-commissioned and I just play with different roms on it for the fun of it). The BB9700 fits all my needs while I just play around with the Android phones for the heck of it. I am looking forwards to the BB9900 to replace my BB9700 ( which, by the way I will still keep in my desk as a backup). My BB does everything I need. Both of my Android phones , to me, are just toys to play with. I don't play games or listen to music or test like crazy (which the Android phones are great for). To me, there are numerous things I like about the Blackberry (too many to list here as it is identical to what others have said that love their berries.

Whiteberrirs 06-15-2011 12:42 PM

I've moved to an iPhone 4 , then I got another BB ..

Whiteberrirs 06-15-2011 01:03 PM

I've first used Iphone 1. Then it spoiled , then a blackberry 9000bold , and now iPhone 4 , I'm thinking that I should switch back to blackberry again..

wjereb 06-16-2011 07:13 AM

I really got tired of seeing all the iPad/iPhone apps and no BB equivalent so I bought an ipad2. BB definitely has the better email client. Depending on what my new employer does will determine if I stay with my Torch or get an iPhone 5 when they come out. I bleed blackberry so for me to even think about changing is paramount.

Bill J

juwaack68 06-16-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iare Tosevite (Post 1724010)
Even if I didn't know RIM issues, this forum has evidence of users moving away from RIM devices. Notice how quiet this forum is lately? I remember when not checking this site for a single day will cause unread posts to fill entire list, and probably second page too!

This site has nothing to do with the popularity of BlackBerry devices. Check out Crackberry.com - they are booming with people and their site is incredibly busy.

ifonline 06-16-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wjereb (Post 1727677)
I really got tired of seeing all the iPad/iPhone apps and no BB equivalent so I bought an ipad2.

Funny... I just wrestled with this issue as well. I began looking for old apps I had a few years ago on the BlackBerry and discovered that they were no longer supported. Of course, the iPhone app is still going strong. And as you noted, it seems like everywhere I turn, there's mention of "an app for that."

*sigh*

I just picked up two iPhone 4s. One for me and one for my wife. I also picked up an iPad 2 and gave my PlayBook to my father. The 9700s will be on eBay over the weekend. I truly appreciate BlackBerry devices, but at this point in our professional and personal lives, my wife and I are more interested in the level of media consumption iOS devices deliver.

jsconyers 06-16-2011 09:01 AM

Pre-ordered the HTC Evo 3D 4G last weekend and will have it next week.

sambo57u 06-17-2011 08:52 PM

Will move to Motorols Photon 4G worldphone running android 2.3 when it comes
to Sprint this SUmmer.

TomImler 06-18-2011 04:55 PM

I have had a Storm 2 for over a year now. What makes me consider switching to a Droid or IPhone is one simple little glitch. I updated to the new OS and my clock stopped coming on when charging. Might not seem like a big deal and I guess it isn't. I use my BB as a clock in my car. the fact that RIM admits they KNOW about this glitch and have NEVER released a patch says this is a company that has lost it's way. Say what you will about Apple, they have a problem they seem to address it quickly.
Edit/Delete Message

highuniverse 06-20-2011 05:59 AM

I'm using symbian,also very good.:smile:

BigA 06-21-2011 03:30 AM

Still think Blackberry will still be around next year? lol...

52 week
Low 25.82
High 70.54

Losing more than half of your stock in less than 3 months. = EPIC FAIL!!!
Research In Motion Limited (USA): NASDAQ:RIMM quotes & news - Google Finance

FAIL WHALE!

W W W
W W W W
'. W
.-""-._ \ \.--|
/ "-..__) .-'
| _ /
\'-.__, .__.,'
`'----'._\--'
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

strawberrylouise 06-21-2011 12:40 PM

blackberry till i die

strawberrylouise 06-21-2011 12:41 PM

or until i fall in love with a different phone :)

BigA 06-22-2011 12:36 AM

Yes, that's right keep beating your self over your head with the magic wand of denial. lol.

RIM is black-burying carriers with half-baked BlackBerrys
RIM is black-burying carriers with half-baked BlackBerrys

--

futterbly79 06-22-2011 10:48 AM

I plan to move away from blackberry because of the 160 character limit in SMS messages. Thats my biggest complaint.

jsconyers 06-22-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futterbly79 (Post 1728950)
I plan to move away from blackberry because of the 160 character limit in SMS messages. Thats my biggest complaint.

That is more of a Sprint/Verizon issue than a BlackBerry issue. But you can use apps such as Beyond160 to allow more that 160 characters.

fourstringfuror 06-22-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futterbly79 (Post 1728950)

That has nothing to do with BlackBerry. SMS is a carrier feature.

ifonline 06-22-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zitaa (Post 1729024)
Need friends 22a525e2

Idiot.

BBRaffey 06-28-2011 05:02 PM

Am moving

David Haddad 07-01-2011 06:02 PM

I owned a Bold and waited almost 3 years for BB to come out with a cool new phone. I finally moved on and bought the HTC Thunderbolt. My only regret is how long I waited. I'm more productive on my Thunderbolt in ever respect by an order of magnitude and on top of it it's now not only a work device but an extraordinarily fun personal device.

applauz 07-03-2011 09:34 AM

Best decision I ever made... spent 5 yrs on BlackBerry... switch to iPhone. Couldn't be happier. and I work in the corporate environment. LOVE IT.

SugarMouth 07-04-2011 02:05 PM

I just came to BB from iOS, WP7 and Android over the last 3 years.

vintona 07-05-2011 09:33 PM

I agree with TomImler's post. I had a 8520 and when I upgraded to the newer OS that I was prompted to do, it deemed the phone absolutely useless. After a week and a half of dealing with Bell CSR and Tech dept they transferred me to RIM. They verified that it was indeed a device issue - in other words it was not supposed to be upgraded and there was no roll-back option. So dumb and wasted a ton of my time. Bell gave me a 9300 free but I have to say that I'll be going to a different phone and carrier. I don't have time to figure out other peoples mistakes. Blackberry is wayyy too over-rated. And I tell every friend I know my opinion when it's a topic of subject.

aiharkness 07-06-2011 05:11 AM

Deemed? Not supposed to be upgraded? No roll-back option?

I sincerely doubt you have any experience with a BlackBerry. Or if you do, you don't know what you are doing. But drop in again when you're driving by.

akosnitzky 07-07-2011 03:40 PM

I am using all of the Big 3. There is a place for all three types depending on your need. The hope is that the OS 7 BB models impress and of course sell.

avelasqu 07-07-2011 04:52 PM

I have jumped ship and back so many times. Right now I am back to my 9700 because the keyboard and battery life cannot be replaced. I recently purchased a Playbook and love it. I wish they would make Words With Friends and/or Wordfeud compatible.

I dont see my self leaving again and I am eagerly awaiting the 9900!

AndyMulhearn 07-08-2011 03:12 AM

I went from iPhone to Nokia E55 to a Curve 3G and now a Torch.

Having bought an iPad I didn's need an Apple phone as well and I wanted something usable with good battery life. The Nokia lasted for about six months before Symbian drove me mad. The curve about the same before the limitations of the small screen almost did the same.

Then a colleague using a Torch, that his wife had swapped for his iPhone 4 because she hated the BlackBerry, was bemoaning how much he disliked Blackberry so we did a swap - I got him a 3GS and I got his Torch.

With my usage patterns I can go three days between charges which is fine for me because it means even with a heavy days usage, I won't run out of charge. The only fly in the ointment is the need to go through BIS to access IMAP email. Not having all of the facilities of IMAP available and not being able to delete or move email on my iPad and have the change reflected on my BlackBerry is a serious downer and a stupid omission. Come on RIM, get this sorted, you've had long enough!

jhanks64 07-18-2011 12:42 PM

Try using Logicmail. It's a decent IMAP client. I use it when I need to access folders other than the ones pushed to my BB inbox.
www logicmail org / wiki

mocean11 07-18-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iare Tosevite (Post 1724287)
Yeah businesses will always trust RIM it seems. RIM devices is far more secure for government use, for example.

According to the general accounting office, several government agencies are moving away from Blackberry and to the iPhone. One fortune 500 company I do work for replaced all their Blackberry's and Nokia's with iPhones. I'm thinking RIM's security features, for these people anyway, didn't seem to be enough to keep them coming back to Blackberry. I think splitting up the 2 goofs in charge is a great idea the board had. I think they're the cause of RIM's slow response to the marketplace. I had various Blackberries for over 8 years, but left for Android. I just couldn't take all the defects and problems. The last replacement phone they offered, I turned down. Moving from one defective phone to another, got very frustrating. Love the keyboard. Love the messaging but, in the end, those things don't do me any good when the phone doesn't work.

mocean11 07-18-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin3107 (Post 1680078)
Plenty to add, but I'll just sum it up to because it's pretty clear that you'd not understand reality anyway.
You're view is myopic to the point of absurdity. I suggest you do a little more homework before making such broad generalizations about the smartphone market... something you clearly know little about.

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's like saying PC's are for Internet and Mac's are for graphics. Reveals a lack of information about the products.

mocean11 07-18-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguin3107 (Post 1680510)
Yes, this one:
"iPhone is for play, Android is for speed and style, and BlackBerry is for email and usability (keyboard)."

Yes. My argument is that your statement above is absurd.

Absurd? Well yes, but also ignorant. Sometimes people who are not deeply involved in the industry, make statements based on assumption or something they read somewhere. You can't really blame them because they don't know what they're talking about. They only think they do.

mocean11 07-18-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eldertrout (Post 1684278)
I have moved on due to the problems I experienced with the operating software issues that weren't being resolved by RIM nor Verizon. I only moved out of desperation. I had fought the "digitized audio BUZZ" problems. I attempted several contacts with RIM and was ignored. It was only after I threatened to drop my service before they gave me another phone with similar features...the Motorola Droid. Had RIM replied to my emails I would probably still have my Storm 2, but they didn't, so I don't.

Same thing here, but they did respond by sending me broken after broken replacement phones. I didn't have 3 hours a day to try to get my phone to work. Defective phones combined with the lack of support or even acknowledgment of issues sent me packing. BBM wasn't enough to compensate for a phone that doesn't ring, needs a battery pull every day, hourglasses all the time, spontaneously reboots or shuts down, and a company that doesn't stand behind their products. They left me out in the cold after snagging my hard earned money, so I've done the same to them. I don't care what they come out with, I will never go back.

bigolsparky 09-04-2011 12:05 PM

I have been using Blackberry for several years now. When I first started using them, I loved the device. At that time there was really nothing comparable. I have always been on BIS and had all e-mail accounts come to my Blackberry. For e-mail, Blackberry still has an edge because of BES, but for me the quirkyness of the internet has been to painful to endure. Android and Apple are growing in capabilities by leaps and bounds while RIM holds on to their quaint little platform. I am coming up on my upgrade in November and there is no doubt I will be changing to one of the new trendsetting devices and putting my Storm2 on e-bay.

My kids also have Blackberry devices that are under contract for another year. I am pretty sure they will be changing as well. I will let them pick whatever they like and maybe RIM will have something that is more practical for the "everyday user market" then. RIM's biggest concern should be, not IF, but WHEN Google and Apple will put them out of business. I will say that this site has been my best resource for problem solving for Blackberry and I appreciate all of the folks on here committed to the service of the Blackberry user.

By the way, I started typing this message on my device and it got so screwed up, I moved to the computer. Best of luck to the RIM faithful.

rambo47 09-04-2011 03:02 PM

I came back to BlackBerry after using several Android phone, and my 9930 is a breath of fresh air! I don't even care about QNX now. I'm thrilled with my 9930.

LunkHead 09-05-2011 10:54 AM

I'm back.... Left BB for a year and a half and have tried just about every Android on the planet and an iPhone 4....

I could not resist the 9900....

wellingtonboot 09-05-2011 12:13 PM

I'm way behind the times and poss this century.

Whilst everyone else was on their second or third smartphone I was still on my loyal push button basic.

My leap into the future came with my last upgrade and I was given an Android. Ok for anyone who wants apps, apps and more apps. But a 57yr old techno dumbo like me doesn't do a lot with apps. I still listen to the radio using an actual radio and I play games on the DS. But the Android is ok for the right market.

Then on a whim I treated myself to the Blackberry a few weeks ago....so a newish user. I'm sure I haven't yet discovered all that the phone will do, but what I have found I love.

There's a proper keyboard.....there's nothing that I can stab my arthritic finger on only to find myself on a 'pay to veiw' porn site....there is a contacts list that doesn't at one touch wizz away before my eyes defying any attempt to catch the one I need......loads more but you get the picture.

I'm so glad I got mine and I love it to bits...:)
Ang x

TBOLTRAM 09-06-2011 11:59 AM

A bit of amusement in my company as they have released a new security edict. Only Blackberry's issued by the company will be able to get into the company email. This means that all the people with iPhones and Androids are SOL. Kind of funny in a way. I wonder if other companies will follow suit.

Also the only way to get to the company email on the laptop will be via the RSA token. The OWL site is being modified so that it will require the RSA token. Interesting.

ifonline 09-06-2011 02:05 PM

I have moved to the iPhone 4, but now that the 9900 has landed (everywhere but AT&T, dang it), I will be returning to the BB fold.

*ifonline points at AT&T*

I'm looking at you, AT&T! Release the 9900!

drewandsabrinasmom 09-21-2011 12:56 PM

I did move away from Blackberry to Android.
It was not reliable with text messages.
Moved back to Blackberry and now can't get the calendar reliable.
What is a girl to do to get her work done.

PaulM 10-30-2011 09:28 PM

I've been pretty loyal to BB's for about the last 8 years now, but I'm seriously looking at the Samsung Galaxy SII unless AT&T decides to get off their arses and release the 9900 pronto.
I've thought of jumping ship to the big V for the 9930, but with the discounts that I get with AT&T, I can't justify spending the extra money on service plan to switch.

Regardless, I'll be holding on to my 9700 just in case I don't like the droid.

PaulM 11-07-2011 08:21 PM

Well, surprise surprise! AT&T released not only the 9900, but also the 9860!

Now, I'm completely torn on whether to go with the full touch screen goodness of the new Torch or the flexibility of the new Bold with touch and keys.. I'll be honest; I'm really feeling the large screen of the 9860, since that's one of the reasons that I started to look at the Droids.

Thanks AT&T.. You don't suck quite as bad as I thought you did a few days ago.. :shock:

dragscope 01-01-2013 04:56 AM

I love my blackberry torch due to the fact it has a keyboard. It's one of the main reason why I haven't switched phones because all the newer phones tend to be complete touchscreen.

djdonnyk 01-01-2013 10:19 AM

You must type all day long!

knottyrope 01-02-2013 04:05 PM

BB10 here I come

alecmiletich 10-10-2013 07:16 AM

Now is the time when the enemy surrounds to acquire! Lest you be taken over, the camera industry in in need of support for business I still could use a better camera on my BlackBerry, Nikon, Cannon...I really do not mind a larger phone, my fat fingers have issues with 'ittybitty' key pads.

ZombieBerry 10-10-2013 07:57 AM

What?

jsconyers 10-10-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieBerry (Post 1808543)
What?

My thoughts exactly.

JSanders 10-11-2013 09:40 AM

Beautiful!

joychriz 11-05-2015 12:40 AM

i used to change Mobiles periodically with Different platforms but blackberry is my first phone don't want to change because of it's Track Pad and Keyboard with Satellite Services of Internet working which stands me by BlackBerry side. :)

tsac 11-06-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulM (Post 1752988)
I've been pretty loyal to BB's for about the last 8 years now, but I'm seriously looking at the Samsung Galaxy SII unless AT&T decides to get off their arses and release the 9900 pronto.
I've thought of jumping ship to the big V for the 9930, but with the discounts that I get with AT&T, I can't justify spending the extra money on service plan to switch.

Regardless, I'll be holding on to my 9700 just in case I don't like the droid.

you might want to delete the pin # from your profile