BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General BlackBerry Classic Discussion - BlackBerry 10 (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   can't make any call (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=268146)

FruitBerries 08-27-2018 06:23 PM

can't make any call

Hello everybody.
Is there any way to monitor what is going on or wrong with some ongoing tasks? Like trying to make calls with a BB Classic and not managing to do it. All it shows is a generic message like: Call failure "That call could not be connected. Please try again later" https://forums.crackberry.com/images...kberry/huh.png
Apparently not my provider's fault.

any useful answer, thanks

tsac 08-27-2018 09:30 PM

Re: can't make any call

It is the providers fault. they have limited cell service in some areas and signal can be blocked by buildings and other obstacles.
You can see if your carrier has a coverage map and see if it relates to your call failures.
I have ATT and they have a lot of holes in the world regardless of the advertainment that they are the best.

aiharkness 08-29-2018 06:10 AM

To add, backstory information would be useful. We're you able to make calls before, all else being the same and then the errors or failures started occurring? And have you tried different locations, and with what results? What experience, if any, with another device in same location on same carrier? Have you tried restarting the device? If a GSM device, have you tried reseating the SIM card? Tried a different card? Tried your card in another device?

It could be the carrier, and likely is, but not certain.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

FruitBerries 09-06-2018 05:10 AM

Hi,
It is not a network coverage issue. It is not working in areas where it use to work and I tried from different locations. And that problem is running for quiet some time now. I called my carrier; the tech guy locked/unlocked my SIM and ask me to restart my device. Perhaps He hasn't thought through, perhaps the problem is from the SIM itself. I will test it with an other device or ask for a new card.
But what if the problem doesn't come from there? Should I try to reinstall the OS?

aiharkness 09-06-2018 03:58 PM

I doubt reloading the OS is needed. But who knows. If were me, I would hold off until I tried other things less time consuming.

Regarding the SIM, I would try your SIM in another device *and* try a known good SIM in your device.

If you do reload the OS, be sure and test before you do anything else. But if you haven't ruled out the SIM, or have a known good SIM to test with, then you have no way of knowing if the OS reload fixed anything or not if it still doesn't work.

FruitBerries 09-06-2018 07:08 PM

Yes I will try the SIM switching.
I also have no problem to surf with 4G, by the way. I even used my device as an internet usb modem once...

tsac 09-07-2018 09:31 AM

I'm still pointing to the carrier. I have ATT and I see that message more and more in areas that previously worked well. Sometimes just moving a few feet helps.

tsac 09-11-2018 10:45 AM

Sorry but a bit more detail on the issues.

FruitBerries 09-13-2018 08:38 PM

Hi there,
So I've tried to switch my SIM with an other one: putting an other SIM in my device, the problem still occurs, putting my SIM in an other device, no problem.
This makes me think that the problem is either software or hardware.
Where do I go from there? I need to make a diagnostic, how can I achieve that?

tsac 09-14-2018 08:25 AM

Ok so the only thing not tried is doing a reload of the OS. I would do a backup of contacts and other needed data and then do a complete OS reload. Once reloaded with the ( do not add any contacts etc ) new OS try to see if the problem still exists. If all is ok then just add contacts and email and other items. DO NOT do a complete restore as it may put the issue back.
As for the message your getting, it is the message from the carrier. It may be that some type of corruption is causing the dialed phone number to be errored and the system rejects the call. As I have said before I get that in some areas I never did before.

Good luck