BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 8300 Series Discussion - Curve (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Please help. Phone keeps freezing. (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=251273)

brandonnewton 07-15-2011 06:30 PM

Please help. Phone keeps freezing.

uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_appworld (336) is not responding: What does this mean, and how do I fix it. I need my phone every minute of every day for business, and this is really starting to be a serious problem. Can anyone help, please?

Dubdub 07-15-2011 08:15 PM

Re: Please help. Phone keeps freezing.

What did you do just before this happened?

These types of errors are very difficult to diagnose. They are usually caused by a non compatible theme or app or a corrupt file somewhere.

First, try a battery pull and see if that fixes it.

If you loaded an app or theme, try deleting it followed by a battery pull.

If all of this doesn't solve it, about all you can do is make a good backup and then reload the OS. If you do this, load your apps/themes one by one to see if you can eliminate the cause.

Motorcycle Mama 07-15-2011 08:34 PM

And if I needed to rely on a device "every minute of every day for business", I would have something other than the lowest model device on a low end carrier.

devnull 07-16-2011 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama (Post 1732840)
And if I needed to rely on a device "every minute of every day for business", I would have something other than the lowest model device on a low end carrier.

Indeed mama

If i were relying on my phone as much as the OP, I would think about having a backup plan.

brandonnewton 07-16-2011 12:18 PM

Motorcycle Mama and devnull, thank you so much for your smart ass, completely unhelpful comments. I'm sorry I don't have over $100/mo. for a cell phone bill, so this is what I have to work with at the moment. I asked for help, not judgement.

aiharkness 07-16-2011 05:05 PM

Just to second Dubdub's recommendations: If a hard reset fixes things for a while, you may want to live with it. I wouldn't, but you need to decide.

I would try deleting app world, do a hard reset, and then reinstall app world again, and see what happens.

Worst case is as Dubdub says. Wipe the smartphone with JL_CMDER and the reinstall the OS. Then restore you data and, at first, only the third-party apps you absolutely need. Then, test for 24-48 hours, and after that add one app at a time, followed by 24-48 hours before you add the next.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Motorcycle Mama 07-17-2011 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonnewton (Post 1732924)
Motorcycle Mama and devnull, thank you so much for your smart xxx, completely unhelpful comments. I'm sorry I don't have over $100/mo. for a cell phone bill, so this is what I have to work with at the moment. I asked for help, not judgement.

It's not a judgment. It's a statement of fact. You are more likely to experience issues and problems with a lower end device that has less memory and weaker hardware specifications.

ebi 07-17-2011 03:17 PM

please how do i reload os to 9780 phone keeps freezing

aiharkness 07-17-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebi (Post 1733083)
please how do i reload os to 9780 phone keeps freezing

Wipe the BlackBerry with JL_CMDER or BBSAK. Then reinstall the OS.

See blackberryfaq.com for help wiping the device.

Get the OS from your carrier, let Desktop Manager install it, or get the latest OS for your model using the "latest OS" sticky post here on the forum for your model.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile