BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   General 9500 Series Discussion - Storm (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Blackberry Storm 9520 Intro (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=228702)

Dentark 06-12-2010 05:35 PM

Blackberry Storm 9520 Intro

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys, I just bought this Blackberry Storm 9520 from Vodafone and i must say I've been very happy with it except for some things that I'm not sure of what to do
My Blackberry was bought from Vodafone, so, as all Vodafone's phones, it has their internet/browser or whatever which you have to pay for in order to use.
This blackberry apparently has Wi-fi and i have a router so i can use the internet from there but when i click the Blackberry browser it uses the Vodafone one and I end up spending money.
How do I configurate it in order to always use Internet from routers? I would very appreciated if someone helped me with it.
Also, this phone has the Messages button in the starting/incial menu, I'm not sure about what's the use of that, can someone enlighten me?
Also, can i change the shortcuts in the Starting/Inicial menu?
Thanks in advance for any reply. ;-)

Dentark 06-13-2010 04:17 PM

I've gotten another problem with my Blackberry. when i try to setup my email adress i do this:
Menu:Configurations: Wizard: configurate an email:
And where there was supposted to be 2 options there's only one. The Blackberry Entreprise Server which is the one i don't want. How do I fix it?

MidnightDraven 06-13-2010 05:03 PM

1. Options - advanced - browser - change the top option to HOTSPOT BROWSER
2. Messages icon is where all your messages come into. I would have thought that was fairly self explanitory
3. You need a blackberry data plan on your account.

Dentark 06-16-2010 12:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks a lot regarding the first topic i mentioned.
I was hoping you could tell me how to change the button that are lined in my picture. for example how do i trade my messages buttons for the Multimedia one?
CAn you tell me how to get a blackberry data plan?
Thank you again ;-)

MidnightDraven 06-16-2010 01:08 PM

Oh right.
Menu - highlight icon (no idea how to do that on a storm) menu - move.
Move it to the top row of icons, that row will be the one disaplyed on the home screen.

You need to contact your carrier. I see from your profile, you "Dont know". A carrier is the network who provides your service.

Dentark 06-16-2010 02:17 PM

No, that doesn't work on a Storm.
Will i have to pay for it?

aiharkness 06-16-2010 02:21 PM

Wirelessly posted

What doesn't work? Are you still asking about moving icons around?

MidnightDraven 06-16-2010 02:26 PM

Yes, a blackberry data plan is usually an extra monthly fee.

Dentark 06-17-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aiharkness (Post 1619189)
Wirelessly posted

What doesn't work? Are you still asking about moving icons around?

yes.

About the Data Plan, thanks for the info

aiharkness 06-17-2010 08:14 AM

Wirelessly posted

There is obviously some way to move the icons, but on the Storm I don't know the answer.

Do you have the help app installed on the device. If not, you can run the add/remove applications module in desktop manager and select it to be added, and finish. The help app is where I would look.

scassel 06-17-2010 12:09 PM

The movement of the icons is similar to any other Blackberry. You MUST be on the application screen (all the icons). If you are on the screen with one or two rows, hit the BB/Menu button to get to the application screen. Then highlight the icon you want to move (do not click the screen). Press the BB/Menu button again and choose Move. Place the icon where you want it by touching the screen and then click the screen to set it. Similarly, you can hide unwanted icons or move them to folders with this same process. Just choose the appropriate action from the menu.

Good Luck

Dentark 06-30-2010 08:59 AM

More problems

Hi everyone, thanks for all your help so far but i've had some more problems.
I'm portuguese, so when I'm texting I need to use the character "ç" wich i cannot find no matter how much i search for. Can you tell me how to put it?
Also, my internet connection has a white stick, so it means it has a connection it just can't get through right?
How do i fix it?
Also can you tell me where can i get some free apps and games for my 9520? ;-)
Again thanks for all your replies

BUC 06-30-2010 10:18 AM

To use the ç character you just need to touch the "c" letter for a couple of seconds until "ç,©" appear right above. And then select them by clicking.

The same goes if you need accents. It is highly recommended that you install Portuguese as an optional language if you don't already have it.

Dentark 06-30-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUC (Post 1624072)
To use the ç character you just need to touch the "c" letter for a couple of seconds until "ç,©" appear right above. And then select them by clicking.

I do that and i get an "a" and an arrow, i click the arrow and it isn't there.
I'm set on Portuguese