BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Developer Forum (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Mobile Site Works Fine in Simulator, but Client Having Problems (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=255618)

gasphynx 11-21-2011 01:49 PM

Mobile Site Works Fine in Simulator, but Client Having Problems

I've been developing this mobile website, which works fine on iPhone and Droid phones. But my client's clients are having trouble viewing the site on Blackberry devices. One of them says they can't see any images and the links don't work, and another says only some images show up. When the images don't show up there's red X's in their place.

Here's the staging server: foe.stage.liquid9.tv/ (I can't post links yet)

I downloaded a Blackberry Curve simulator and the MDS service software, and the images and links worked fine. Based on what I've read online, their cache might be full so the browser is refusing to download any images, so I asked them to clear their cache, but that hasn't helped.

Can anyone help me figure out what's going wrong? Or at least verify that the images and links work on your device?

hrbuckley 11-21-2011 02:05 PM

Re: Mobile Site Works Fine in Simulator, but Client Having Problems

Nice site BTW

It works fine from my Torch using Wi-Fi. The Torches (and other OS 6 and OS 7 devices) use a webkit based browser.

Not quite as well on my development 9700 running OS 5.0.

I notice you are using Google Gears. I don't think that is supported on BlackBerry prior to OS 5, but I may be mistaken. Something to check.

They may have their browser options set to not download images. Or they may have JavaScript turned off. Older BlackBerry browsers were very basic in their JavaScript support, and many had it turned off.

gasphynx 11-21-2011 02:38 PM

Thanks.

I found a few pages where the images were missing from the staging server, so that explains the one client seeing most but not all images. Now I just need to figure out why the other person can't see anything.

I'm using Persist JS so I can get localStorage type functionality on browsers that don't support it, and it uses Google Gears as one of its fallback options, though I thought I had that option disabled.

Thanks again for the help/sanity check.

gasphynx 11-21-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrbuckley (Post 1756052)
Not quite as well on my development 9700 running OS 5.0.

I missed that earlier. What sort of problems are there on the 9700?

hrbuckley 11-21-2011 08:43 PM

The logo? (top centre of the main page) was only half there. That could be from missing images though. The links worked OK. The site was certainly useable.

If I remember I'll have another look at it on the 9700 when I get into work.