BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/index.php)
-   Beta You Than Me (http://www.blackberryforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   5.0.0.238 SMS Issue (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=205973)

rsk9999 10-02-2009 09:05 AM

5.0.0.238 SMS Issue

I installed .238 and its working great except for my SMS. For some reason I can only send SMS from the messages folder, I can no longer send an SMS from my contacts....any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

jsconyers 10-02-2009 09:11 AM

So if you go into your Address book, highlight a contact, and press the Menu Key, you don't have the option to SMS that contact?

rsk9999 10-02-2009 09:14 AM

I do have the option, it goes to a screen with the contact info on top, but there is no "bubble/box" to type a message into. However, from the messages folder, I press compose SMS and it work normally.

ricpac 10-02-2009 09:55 AM

It's the same with .190, I think. I have a number on an email which I could normally just highlight, hit up options and choose SMS (that number) and that's it. With these builds, you have to go into the SMS folder for you to type the message there or at least where you see the number you've been wanting to send an SMS to.

And I don't have .238 yet. I guess they pulled it down...

NoahFecks 10-02-2009 10:00 AM

I just noticed it too, if you choose a contact and select the option to send them a SMS, a window pops up with the option of phone or mobile to send it too, but when you click on the mobile # that window disappears then nothing happens.

There is also another bug in the SMS, if you leave a conversation open and exit with the red hang up button, you will not get a notification if that person replies.

rsk9999 10-02-2009 10:14 AM

Not so for everyone though.....just upgraded a friend's Bold with my .238, we both have ATT, and he can SMS from contacts, and I can't......really strange!!!

adamlau 10-02-2009 06:35 PM

8900 on AT&T and .238. No problems with 'SMS [Contact]' from the Address Book.

TTune 10-02-2009 09:21 PM

There is a bigger problem with Threaded SMS: If you're in the Messages folder, and you delete the SMS from the LIST view, it will delete ALL the SMS' in that thread (or from that User). Not good at all. I just wanted to delete the last SMS I got and not ALL of them.

I've done it 2x now - very frustrating.

vinmontRD 10-02-2009 10:39 PM

I'm running 238 on my 8900, and I just tried SMS from pretty much everywhere:

Home screen -- start to type name, scroll down to mobile number, hit context menu and select "SMS" - I get standard text entry screen.

Address book -- same deal -- start to type name to locate in phone book, hit context menu, etc, etc.

Unusual one -- new to 5.x? I'm in message list and highlight a message. Hit menu button and have option to compost SMS text -- I click and I get a pop up "Select SMS Contact" with a "To:" field below that. If I start typing in that field, a short list of matching names appears below and I can roll down and select one. Then a second "To:" field shows up, allowing me to add another name, etc. If I then click "ok" I'm taken to the SMS entry screen.

A bit obscure, but these all work for me so far...